weigh in??

Options
Okay, there is probably a post about this somewhere...but have not had a chance to read them all just yet :)

How often do you all weigh in?? I am seriously addicted to stepping on the scale and if it does not change I lose motivation REALLY quick. What works for you all?

I know it will be different for everyone...just trying to stay as motivated as I am right now. (I know, I am a dreamer. LOL)

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Weighing in once a week, on the same day at the same time is what works for me.
    I step on, I step off. It's all about being consistent .

I get neither motivated nor frustrated by seeing the normal, hourly scale fluctuations,
    therefore, it's not worth it to me to weigh in every day. Some people obsess about the scale, some people
    say weighing every day helps keep them on track. I can't attach that much significance
    to the numbers, especially in light of the fact that they fluctuate.
    I don't like to purposefully drive myself crazy.

Google the article "Why The Scale Lies".
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to limit myself to weighing in once a week and also doing measurements every other week.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    About every 5-7 days.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Once a week is the general rule. Same day, same time. Morning is best. Scale comes out of the bathroom cupboard then goes back in. Otherwise I am trying to get on it every day. To frustrating for me. I see like a .5 gain and get upset. Not worth it!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I may step on the scale often but I only officially weigh in once a week (next weeks is my last at the gym). I might get curious a few days early and step on the scale, but I don't log it until my weigh in day.
  • RunLove
    RunLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. It keeps me motivated as well. However, I do not record the weight every morning. I do an "official" weigh in once per week at the same time of day. That number decides whether I lost or gained or maintained. Additionally, I do measurements every 2 weeks when I do the official weigh in.

I think it's all right to weigh myself everyday as long as it's not causing any stress and keeping me motivating :)
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. I weigh in on Friday mornings. I had to start putting the scale up in the top of the hallway closet otherwise everytime I was in the bathroom I would step on and get frustrated.
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    I'm in danger of obsessing over the scale also, but I read this article which had some new perspective for me.
    http://www.prevention.com/scale/index.shtml
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every friday morning at the same time wearing the same thing (only my undies). It is too stressful to weigh in constantly if you weigh in once a week or every other week then you will see it go down . If you weigh in several times a day you will not see a big loss. Example this morning I saw a 2lb loss that is worth waiting to step on the scale
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i Know it should be every week but i tend to check it every two days and it can be really discouraging...but sometimes it's a great boost!

i have been at a plateu for a couple of weeks and two days ago i was 157lbs, have changed my workout routine, started drinking more water and upped my eating...i trudged to the scales expecting to be disappointed and find it still on 157...but i'd lost 2 1/4 lbs in 2days!!! so sometimes it can be good to check it more than once a week!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Daily.
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do it daily in he morning naked lol i know its gonna fluxuate everyday w what u ate what u drank if u worked out etc it can change by 5 lbs even in one day just bc of what u ate and if u havent gone number 2 lol. one day i weight 146 then the next i was 149 so its gonna change but it doesnt freak me out so long as i dont hit the 150s again its all good it makes me way more aware of my habits each day too.
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Once a week... At least I try... there has been times that towards the end of the week I check my weight...But I try to only weigh in once a week
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Weighing every day is good, unless you get depressed by fluctuation. But generally, steady nutrition and weighing in first thing in the morning will mean you don't have any fluctuation, maybe a little stagnation a couple days a week but that's it.
  • KsONeill
    Options
    I have to say I am a big chicken when it comes to the scale. I usually only step on it when I am sure the outcome is going to be favorable, but the I become easily obsessed and keep checking it. The minute I start to feel discouraged its off limits for me again. I'm also one of those people that only asks questions I truly want the answer to. :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Every friday morning, first thing.

I used to weigh everday but find now once a week is better , it was hard the first week though.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday, after I work out which is the morning.