Night Shift eating right and exercise

Options
I have been on the craziest sleep and work rotation. It happens to work out in the long run because we do get more days off within a week but our sleep can suffer. (I am active duty, 12 hour shifts!)

One of my greatest tips, pack for the occasion. I bring in my healthy snacks, avoid the snack bar unless I forget my water jug and stay moving. From fresh fruit, to healthy sandwiches and the occasional granola bar. I set it in my mind to stay on track and no temptation is great enough to divert from the plan.

I have an office job but my trips to the restroom are a good stroll to wake me up. I do the squat, push-up, crunches challenges! After a mid day great sleep, I push play on my beachbody programs! Reenergize myself and prepare for another night of work!!!!

glad to meet you all!!!! Sheyla

Replies

• MsCK101
    Options
    Nights are very hard for me. I work from 11pm - 7am, staying awake is the most important thing, since I dont sleep as well as I would with day shifts. I eat to stay awake, try to limit my eating to: chicken ceasar salads, cerios, veggies, fruit, a small meal, coffee and lots of water to get rid of other cravings. On my way home I try not to eat something but its hard, get home and sleep.