can anyone help

Options
okay so i need a little help with finding exercises that i am able to do, the problem that comes in is, I have 4 fractures in my low back, 2 compressed discs and arthritis from L2 all the way through my tail bone. does anyone know some easy/safe but effective exercises i can do with out hurting myself.

Replies

• At that point, it sounds like you should seek out your doctor and a certified trainer to help you figure out what you can/can't or should/shouldn't do.
  • robyng24
    Options
    What about water walking? Our local pool offers it, you attach a buoyancy belt around your waist and then 'walk' lengths of the pool. Would be very low impact but good fitness.
  • thanks. i have talked to drs. and they cannot fix my back or they wont i should say. they wont fuse it because i'm only 26 and they wanted to install a spinal cord stimulator, but unfortunately my insurance refuses to cover it and i cannot afford the procedure, so i'm kinda stuck with the pain, and taking the pain pills, they don't like doing any kind of surgery on me because of my weight so i need to lose weight so they can help fix my back.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    At that point, it sounds like you should seek out your doctor and a certified trainer to help you figure out what you can/can't or should/shouldn't do.

I agree with this. Is there a physiotherapist that you can see who can set up a program specific for your needs? I am just concerned about you taking advice from random strangers on the internet who really don't know the extent of your medical condition/comorbidities that can complicate this situation. If you follow well intentioned advice, but then aggravate your injury, where will that leave you? I feel for you and I understand the pain of an injury and being limited in what you can do. What works for me, may not be appropriate for you. Please seek advice from someone who is appropriately trained and has taken the time to really understand your specific issues.
  • Curvalicious_Cat
    Options
    definitely talk to your Dr... maybe ask him about water fitness?