Who else needs to lose a stone?

Options
I am so inspired by the people on here who lose a huge amount of weight. All I need to lose to be at my goal weight is a stone, and I seem to lose a few pounds, gain them back, lose them again, gain them back.... it's a never-ending cycle!

It's my 29th birthday in a couple of weeks and the realisation that I will soon no longer be in my twenties has given me the kick I need to change my eating habits and get to where I want to be.

If anyone can identify with this and wants some help and support in return for the same, please send me a friend request :)

Replies

• XianC
    XianC Posts: 93
    Options
    And for us non-brits ... a stone is about 14 pounds (according to wikipedia which never lies).

Welcome to MFP! Happy early birthday!

You'll find great support here.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im 32 now but at 29 did the same as you and lost a stone and upped my exercise before I turned 30. I used MFP and it worked. I then got pregnant and had my little boy at 31. I gained just under 2 1/2 stone and still need to lose about half a stone (7lb for non Brits) to get back to where I was.

I will send you a friend request and hopefully we can both do it!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Who else needs to lose a stone?

You calling me fat??? :laugh:
    Yeah, i think about another stone would be good. :smile:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    And for us non-brits ... a stone is about 14 pounds (according to wikipedia which never lies).

A stone is exactly 14 lbs ;-)
  • newniepg
    newniepg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, also a brit and looking to lose a stone. I'm 5ft3 so it shows up on mef :-P hoping to get to 8stone12 and then assess whether I should try for 8 and a half. We'll see.

Hope it comes off easily for you. :-D
  • belljayne69
    belljayne69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm another needing to lose a stone, sounds so easy when I see the great weight loss others have achieved on here, but being a small 5'4" a stone is a real issue.

Feel free to add me, I'm planning to do the 5:2 diet once I've worked out how to use this app to help!
  • kimberkaye1
    Options
    Thanks for the definition of a stone...Figured maybe someone had kidney stones to lose or something. LOL Well, not really, I do know a stone is a measurement used in the UK. I have a friend there that is 12 stones. I personally, have lost almost 3 stones and need to lose another 12, which is how much my British friend ways. Ironic! Good luck all on your weight loss journeys whether it be stones or pounds.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm aiming for 8 stone, currently 9st1lb :)