Your Favourites...

Options
What is your favourite Healthy food that you are consuming on this weight loss journey and Why?:

I am from Australia so you might not recognise some brands...

1. BREAKFAST - Chobani yoghurt (protein packed and delicious)

2. LUNCH - Vitawheat Soy & LInseed Lunch Slice with a topping like smoked salmon (full of fiber and Omega 3)

3. DINNER - Grilled chicken with Peri Peri sauce (tossed in a garden salad or made as a wrap) (protein again and easy to prepare)

Replies

• bigtherm
    Options
    Breakfast; Love boiled eggs. Always have and always will
    Veggies: Fresh spinach, sauteed. With olive oil and garlic slices
    Protein: Fish (tilapia and salmon) forever and always.

But these are boring compared to what you got goin' on there.
    I've never heard of peri peri sauce.
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Breakfast; Love boiled eggs. Always have and always will
    Veggies: Fresh spinach, sauteed. With olive oil and garlic slices
    Protein: Fish (tilapia and salmon) forever and always.

But these are boring compared to what you got goin' on there.
    I've never heard of peri peri sauce.

I love eggs period! but I often have to rush around to cook them. Though I've been poaching them lately :)
    I rarely ever see fresh spinach here in the supermarkets. Might be available in the farmers' markets.
    Tilapia - I have never heard of that fish...is it a small species or large?

Peri Peri sauce is from Nandos (a chain of Portuguese chicken restaurants). It's hot and spicy :)

Actually you have the better/healthier favourites because you have listed raw and unprocessed food. I don't do much cooking at the moment. I used to (I enjoy it) but nowadays have let other priorities take over and it's a pain cooking only for one person. I don't like eating the same food more than twice and I don't like to freeze food usually.

Salad is as close as I get to raw veges :)
  • aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What is your favourite Healthy food that you are consuming on this weight loss journey and Why?:

I am from Australia so you might not recognise some brands...

1. BREAKFAST - Chobani yoghurt (protein packed and delicious)

2. LUNCH - Vitawheat Soy & LInseed Lunch Slice with a topping like smoked salmon (full of fiber and Omega 3)

3. DINNER - Grilled chicken with Peri Peri sauce (tossed in a garden salad or made as a wrap) (protein again and easy to prepare)

I LOVE Peri Peri!! It's from Portugal and I live in Spain so I always got my hands on it!
    I also really love Hummus, Pesto, and sesame ginger. I usually always make chicken and veggies for lunch and switch it up with different sauces.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lots of Greek yogurt, Quest protein bars, grilled chicken, eggs, veggies.
  • liezele0323
    liezele0323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want some Peri Peri! But it's almost impossible to find around here :ohwell:
    My favorites:
    Breakfast are Hard boiled eggs (I prep up a dozen or so on Sunday so I have it ready for the week) I also like a small piece of cheese to go with it! OR I like to make my own homemade Paleo style tortilla (made with almond meal - which I make, coconut flour, eggs & ground flaxseed) with peanut butter :happy:

Lunch: I love grilled chicken breast. Again, I usually prep alot of meals ahead of time for the week on Sunday so it allows me to put something quick together. Like eating the chicken breast with fresh spinach drizzled with balsamic vinegar & a few slivered almonds.

Dinner: I love going on Pintrest to find me great healthy recipes. The other nice I made a Lime Cilantro Chicken dish with a side of cilantro lime rice :)
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt..I add protein powder to it.
    Chicken breast
    Egg whites
    Spaghetti squash
    Spinach
    Tilapia
    Protein bars
    Cheese at least once a day.

I eat wheat bread and tortillas everyday.