failed weight watcher/slimming world

Options
:smile: Hi anyone out there in same boat ? i have tried both diets but find them so restrictive . have any of you done well on this site ?

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    This isn't a DIEt.
  • SugafreeNsweet
    SugafreeNsweet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes WW didn't work for me at all. I have quite a few friends that tried to most people found it very hard to follow as well. Working out and a low carb lifestyle has been the best fit for me.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    funny..i also did weight watchers when I was 20 or so...I recall a point system, but we never discussed good nutrition in general...so I would eat pizza and a few beers...boom there went my points....I actually gained a few pounds...I think it was more user error though then WW problem...LOL
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I failed as well. I like MFP because I can read the labels at stores and know if it is right for me or not. I didn't like having to convert things into these "points". I find MFP to be MUCH BETTER ... and Free.

50540473.png
  • kjmenser
    Options
    Diets do not work, you must forever change your lifestyle!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    failure..
    go kick butt
    prove them and you wrong
  • lorna149
    Options
    Take a look at 5:2, it's most definately a new way of life and eating. After trying almost everything out there over the years, I've finally found something I can stick to with very little effort at all. 13lbs down so far and another 13 to go.
  • superjim1985
    Options
    I tried ww, and admittedly was reasonably successful for the two periods I attended meetings.

HOWEVER, I really found that the bulk of discussions in meetings was pretty self explanatory and, at times, patronising. I eventually decided that paying £25 ($40 us) a month to have someone weigh me was too much when I wasnt getting anything out of the meetings or reading material.

I find this site much more helpful. For me, understanding what I am eating in terms of calories, sugars, carbohydrates, fats (saturated fats especially) on a daily basis is a big help. I also learned that everyone is different and has unique habits (good and bad) and so the only way (in my opinion) to maintain a steady and sustainable loss and keep it off, is to do it for yourself by really understanding what you are eating and what exercise can do for you.

The extensive nature of this site (both in terms of its library of food and its accurate exercise data) means that I feel far more in control than I ever did on ww using the vague points system (don't get me started on trying to accurately log exercise on there!).

In short, "failing" at weightwatchers and joining here might be the best thing you have ever done to get in shape!

Best of luck to you.

J
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When you are ready to lose the weight and get healthy - you will.

You have to be ready to put in the hard work that's required for changing habits. You have to do it everyday. You have to put your health first.

When you are ready, you'll make it happen.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I tried ww, and admittedly was reasonably successful for the two periods I attended meetings.

HOWEVER, I really found that the bulk of discussions in meetings was pretty self explanatory and, at times, patronising. I eventually decided that paying £25 ($40 us) a month to have someone weigh me was too much when I wasnt getting anything out of the meetings or reading material.

I find this site much more helpful. For me, understanding what I am eating in terms of calories, sugars, carbohydrates, fats (saturated fats especially) on a daily basis is a big help. I also learned that everyone is different and has unique habits (good and bad) and so the only way (in my opinion) to maintain a steady and sustainable loss and keep it off, is to do it for yourself by really understanding what you are eating and what exercise can do for you.

The extensive nature of this site (both in terms of its library of food and its accurate exercise data) means that I feel far more in control than I ever did on ww using the vague points system (don't get me started on trying to accurately log exercise on there!).

In short, "failing" at weightwatchers and joining here might be the best thing you have ever done to get in shape!

Best of luck to you.

J

Perfectly stated