Coffee makes me feel awfull...Why

Options
I drank coffee this morning and I feel dizzy and awful ... does this happen to anyone else...

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    That would make me really sad. :sad:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It could be the caffiene, especially if your stomach was empty.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It happens to me, I have a stronger reaction to the caffeine in coffee than say, in tea. It's worse if I'm really tired or if I haven't eaten. It's one of the reasons I drink large quantities of tea.
  • kardeebee
    kardeebee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Some of the coffees you buy out do that to me. Like if I go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. I find when I perk coffee at home or use my Keurig that doesn't happen. Their coffees must have more caffeine than what you make at home?
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Don't drink it on an empty stomach. I also alternate sips of coffe with sips of water. Makes you wee a lot, though!

https://www.healthtap.com/topics/coffee-makes-me-dizzy
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/539755-does-caffeine-make-you-dizzy/
  • googlebear123
    Options
    Some of the coffees you buy out do that to me. Like if I go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. I find when I perk coffee at home or use my Keurig that doesn't happen. Their coffees must have more caffeine than what you make at home?

had this conversation IRL. take away coffee makes me feel awful, im sure its highly caffeinated to make it addictive, therefore increasing profits.

home filter is much nicer anyway.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You could just be super sensitive to caffeine... did you have breakfast? You can feel really sick if you drink it on an empty stomach, just like taking a multi on an empty stomach.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME!,,, I cannot drink tim hortons at all, some coffee makes me quite ill!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Coffee upsets my stomach if I haven't eaten. It does weird things to your blood sugar.
    Try having your coffee with a light snack and see if that is better :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    That would make me really sad. :sad:

me too
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Depends, if the coffee is especially strong or too sugary, I get gittery, if I don't eat anything and coffee is the first think I consume, I get stomach aches.

But when I drink coffee while I eat breakfast, everything is great.

If you don't react well to coffee, just don't have it :)
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I drank coffee this morning and I feel dizzy and awful ... does this happen to anyone else...

That's why I only drink tea, coffee makes me feel woozy, and dizzy, so I know exactly what you are talking about.
  • peachcats
    Options
    Caffeine is a psychoactive stimulant(similar to amphetamines, e.g, adderall)
    It's not a surprise that it causes you to be dizzy, you're consuming a drug that alters the way your brain functions. Just avoid it.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee 3 weeks ago. WOW what a HUGE difference in how my body has responded to it. I actually have MORE energy. I actually feel more "regular' also. I know coffee helps some people, and I love it AND miss it, but I get the best nights sleep now!
  • clarajean123
    clarajean123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot coffee. It can make you feel nauseous if you drink too much, but mostly like your just getting a cold or your blood sugar took a drop.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee 3 weeks ago. WOW what a HUGE difference in how my body has responded to it. I actually have MORE energy. I actually feel more "regular' also. I know coffee helps some people, and I love it AND miss it, but I get the best nights sleep now!

This ^^^
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Coffee gives me a reaction similar to low blood sugar: shaky, feeling dizzy, nauseous, cold, and overall just weird. I even tried just having black coffee, and the same thing would happen, so it's something in the coffee itself. I had to give up coffee, and I'll now occasionally drink tea (usually chai).

I never figured out if it was the caffeine or not. I don't have problems with soda, but there's a lot more caffeine in coffee than soda. I also react badly to novocaine when I go to the dentist (it contains epinephrine to limit bleeding), so I think it's just stimulants in general.

Of course, now I'm having problems with almost continuous low blood sugars anyways, so I'm pretty sure there's just something wrong with me. :smile:
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I love coffee, but, I can get shaky/dizzy feeling if I have too much on an empty stomach.
  • n0excuses4m3
    n0excuses4m3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been told it is the acid in coffee , not caffeine that makes me so sick....