Activity level question

Options
I have been at this for a while. When I first started I was running to lose weight and now I am running because I am a runner. Oh how things change :). I am curious if I am getting enough calories. My setting as been set to light activity for almost 2 years, but now I'm more active not only to lose weight, but because that is just who I am. Should I change my setting to moderately active? I am a teacher, with a 2 year old (who keeps me going), and I run/cross train 5-6 days a week. On average my runs go from 30-45min with 2 days of weights added in with the running, and then on the weekends I do a long run anywhere from 6-12miles.

With the light activity I am allowed 1540 calories
and with the moderately active I am 1680 calories. I am trying to lose 1lb a week, and I have about 24 lbs to reach my goal.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Replies

• JenNuma
    JenNuma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bumping... Hope you get some answers!!! Just remember YOU are doing GREAT!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do you use MFP or a TDEE calculator? Because it doesn't work the same way.

With MFP, your activity is your job or daily life without exercise. You're supposed to eat those calories back, and that's way more than the difference between 1540 and 1680 calories. So you'd be lightly active with your job, then would add whatever you burn when you run/train... frankly you'd probably be closer to 1900.

If you use TDEE-20% (like http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/), then activity level takes exercise into account, and you'd be moderately active at least.
  • cvicarspugh
    Options
    Thanks Aunt J! I appreciate it. :)
  • cvicarspugh
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. That was very helpful!