Body Revolution vs T25/Body Beast

Options
Hi,

I am stuck in a rut with my exercise routine. I am an avid morning workout person. I have done P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire, etc. I am going into my last month of the P90X/Insanity Hybrid workout. I really do love the hybrid, but I've done them all before. I am looking for something new and challenging. I would love to shed some inches/weight while really tone up as well. I feel like I've been in a plateau for ages, literally! Throughout P90X I use 15-20 lb. weights, so I don't think Body Beast would intimidate me too much. However, while doing any lifting exercises, I start to feel lost without the sweat drenching, heart racing, cardio exercises. Hence why I like the hybrid workout so much. T25 was going to be my next adventure, but I recently started looking at Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels. I have never really done her workouts before, I've usually stuck to the Beach Body workouts. Any suggestions, tips, or any advice would be very helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• mzthang77
    mzthang77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in my 11th week of Body Revolution and absolutely love it. I have never done P90x or Insanity so I am not in amazing shape. I have lost a dress size( maybe a more) and not that much weight (didnt follow the diet plan). I absolutely love Jillian. She is the only one that has ever changed my body. TF did nothing for me.

Here is workout 5 from the BR videos. Try it out and see if you like it

http://youtu.be/m2jzYKCYXi0
  • crisco_79
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree with TF, it did nothing for me as well. The clip you provided was great, I appreciate it! It looks like she does a little bit of everything, and it looks like it might be the change I am looking for. Thank you, and keep up the good work!
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    The pace in the Body Beast workouts is so fast that you will be sweating and you will feel the pump from every workouts. I love that program, the workout are pretty short and Sagi is a great motivator and really explains the exercices well.
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The pace in the Body Beast workouts is so fast that you will be sweating and you will feel the pump from every workouts. I love that program, the workout are pretty short and Sagi is a great motivator and really explains the exercices well.

I agree with this 100%. Body Beast is all about weight training at a fast pace to keep your heart rate racing. And as far as the weights, do what you can. It's all about improvement anyway. I would recommend you test out or at least watch a few workouts before dismissing the program.
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started her program with high hopes then got super annoyed with the poor quality of editing and proofing. Like not telling me to switch legs for the 2nd set and such.
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am in my 11th week of Body Revolution and absolutely love it. I have never done P90x or Insanity so I am not in amazing shape. I have lost a dress size( maybe a more) and not that much weight (didnt follow the diet plan). I absolutely love Jillian. She is the only one that has ever changed my body. TF did nothing for me.

Here is workout 5 from the BR videos. Try it out and see if you like it

http://youtu.be/m2jzYKCYXi0

*meant to quote this one*
  • crisco_79
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I love P90X, and I'm excited about P90X3 coming out. P90X is really the only lifting type of workout I have ever really done, and I think my body has become too familiar with the workout.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am reaching the end of Beta in T25; I have just one more week left and I LOVE the program! I have never done BR, but I did do 30DS and part of RI30. While I love JM, I tired of her always yelling at me and I felt like I needed a different trainer. I love Shaun T! He motivates me to kick my own *kitten* everyday and I have changed my body in ways I never thought possible. I highly recommend this program and am really excited to see what Gamma brings in a couple weeks!