I want to feel pretty again

Options
I just had a baby and gained alot of weight. I have lost all but ten pounds sense I had my baby. Instead of feeling stoked I feel gross. My body is covered in stretch marks and even though I lost alot of weight I still feel big. My belly and thighs jiggle :( can anyone relate?

Replies

• OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I can't relate to the baby thing....but I can relate to jiggling. Best of luck with everything :) Add if you like :)
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you feel that way. I have only about 10 pounds to go too, and I feel the same way. Stretch marks and excess skin on my belly from babies. And now I'm trying to have another one!! All I can say is try and be your healthiest and focus on the parts of your body that you like. I have a killer butt :)

You can always have a tummy tuck if you can gather the money. That's what I plan on doing after I have my final baby. It won't help the thighs at all, but I can live with the changes to those that came with age and weight loss.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When I was laying down on the couch last night I lifted my legs up and I had loose skin on my thighs that was literally just hanging there loose and I was horrified. I have lost 60 pounds and I wonder if I will ever feel confident and beautiful. Sometimes I do if I take the time to dress really nice or something. But most of the time I am more self conscious now then I was when I was fat. :(
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I lost all my baby weight, then some but I still jiggle, especially in the belly area. Im working on it but I totally get how you feel. All these new stretch marks and the jiggle is not fun and takes away from the great feeling of weight loss. Just keep plugging at it, you will be great
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im the same, my little boy is 15 months and I have 7lb to lose but really want to tone up too. My friend is bigger than me and she is trying to lose weight but I always feel bad that Im complaining! lol
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby and gained alot of weight. I have lost all but ten pounds sense I had my baby. Instead of feeling stoked I feel gross. My body is covered in stretch marks and even though I lost alot of weight I still feel big. My belly and thighs jiggle :( can anyone relate?

I gave birth at 293 dec 20th..I was the s--- then and I still am...you are a mother you're beautiful anyway.
  • MollyEthansMom
    MollyEthansMom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty! Your weight will come off soon!
  • joshuasondag
    Options
    I want to feel pretty again, WAHHHHH!

Quit the feelbad bull****, continue to watch the diet and you can look however you want.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just realized baby is still very young - 10 weeks? It took you 9 months to gain the weight so you need to give yourself more time.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I find the longer I maintain and keep the regular activity up (and remember, I do the get 10,000 steps in and do 10-40 minutes of Barre 3 at home a day thing), I just keep firming up. It is all in the daily discipline! Keep the faith and stay the course, you are doing great.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I want to feel pretty again, WAHHHHH!

Quit the feelbad bull****, continue to watch the diet and you can look however you want.

I'm not qualified to comment on this post. That means you are super duper not qualified to comment on this post.

Carry on ladies, pay that person no mind at all.
  • joshuasondag
    Options
    I am a CPT/CSCS with my bachelors in nutrition, plus I am an independently certified Nutrition Coach, so I beg to differ. I am plenty qualified.
  • ymtomlins
    Options
    When did you have your baby? - it does take a while to get back to pre-baby body, don't beat yourself up over it - especially if your breastfeeding. just try & get in to good habbits, healthy diet & gentel excersice & you'll get there! x
  • Cait_G
    Cait_G Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a CPT/CSCS with my bachelors in nutrition, plus I am an independently certified Nutrition Coach, so I beg to differ. I am plenty qualified.

That makes you qualified to discuss nutrition and health, but not the psychology of it all. A bachelors in nutrition doesn't mean you are qualified to tell a women to "quit the feelbad bullsh*t"
  • kelzz04
    Options
    I feel the same way. Lets start at the gym together. The thing is my times of going will vary. When can you go?
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I haven't been through the experience of having a child yet but I wanted to share a great photography project I read about earlier this year. The project is very inspiring and redefines what a beautiful body is.

http://www.abeautifulbodyproject.com/