Weight loss problem!

Options
I need some help and reassurance…… I have been dieting and exercising for 3 months and I am having issues with the scale. I have lost about 15 pounds but in the last month or more I really haven’t lost much, maybe 2 pounds and it is driving me crazy. I decided to heck with the scale and I primarily track my progress by measuring. I can see a difference in my body shape, I feel a lot better, my cloths fit loosely and I have lost a little over 24” all over. But I can’t fib I still check the scale about every 2 weeks and when I do it kind of depresses me to see that my weight isn’t changing. I work out 90 min a day, water jogging, hiking and biking and I have been eating great. I also have toned myself up a lot and have a lot more muscle. So everything from my habits to my, body size has been changing tremendously but the scale hates me! Oh and I am still at my heaviest weight. I don’t want to be this weight anymore! Any words of encouragement or any recommendations?

Replies

• country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    I need some help and reassurance…… I have been dieting and exercising for 3 months and I am having issues with the scale. I have lost about 15 pounds but in the last month or more I really haven’t lost much, maybe 2 pounds and it is driving me crazy. I decided to heck with the scale and I primarily track my progress by measuring. I can see a difference in my body shape, I feel a lot better, my cloths fit loosely and I have lost a little over 24” all over. But I can’t fib I still check the scale about every 2 weeks and when I do it kind of depresses me to see that my weight isn’t changing. I work out 90 min a day, water jogging, hiking and biking and I have been eating great. I also have toned myself up a lot and have a lot more muscle. So everything from my habits to my, body size has been changing tremendously but the scale hates me! Oh and I am still at my heaviest weight. I don’t want to be this weight anymore! Any words of encouragement or any recommendations?
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

I say....to hell with the scale!!! Your initial 15 lbs is GREAT as well as the inches gone so far. You said you have a lot more muscle, your clothes fit better, and most importantly you FEEL better. Forget about the numbers and be proud of what all the other results are telling you!

P.S. Can anyone direct to banks post about expectations...I think it would be helpful.

Keep up the good work!!! :drinker:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

That is the post Theresa35 is looking for I think! I hope! Hope it helps.
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    and don't forget muscle weighs more than fat. your body is changing, so let it and keep up the GREAT work.