Need some encouragement

Options
I never really had a problem with weight in the past, in fact I was the girl everyone hated; able to eat anything without gaining a pound. I was always at average weight or just below (5'6 125lbs). However, once I quit smoking September 3, 2013, all that began to change. I supplemented this terrible oral and mental habit by filling my mouth with anything possible. And soon, this petite/average, yet healthy girl, gained 20 pounds in just a few short weeks. My metabolism slowed down tremendously, and my jean size went up substantially.

Don't get me wrong - I do not at all regret the decision to quit smoking, but I do regret the bad habits that followed.

I need encouragement because, as stated above, I have never had the need to loose weight. I don't know what I am doing, or how to do it. Call me a newbie if you must, but I am a determined newbie at that. After all, I was able to quit smoking after 7 years, and loosing weight is just one more obstacle to become a healthier person.

Even though I may not know what I am doing, I am a great support system and will gladly repay encouragement with 10x the amount back.

Thanks!

Replies

• SugafreeNsweet
    SugafreeNsweet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me.....I understand.....I smoked at a very young age and I got pregnant in my early 20's and kicked smoking on the spot so besides pregnancy weight I also gained from quiting cigarettes too.
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • Lindsay822
    Options
    Feel free to add me!