50 LBS Lost.

Options
A big thanks to MFP its helped me tredmendously.

I used to be in great shape. I was a reservist until my current wife accidently got pregnant. I quit the reserves because I didnt want to do a tour with kids. I then got a cushiony job where I sit on my *kitten* for 71/2 of 8 hours. I blame a significant portion of my weight gain on sympathy eating... I was apparently very sympatheic!

How Ive lost it.

I was slowly losing it before MFP . 4lbs a month for a couple of months. When I got on to MFP it kick started my weight loss and I havent looked back. I eat pretty poorly compared to most of my friends on here. If I eat poorly I pay for it in the gym. If I am injured and I go over my calories I find something I can do. If I am sick I still go. For people who say they dont have the time its a load of crock. Make the time. I have 3 kids under 4. 2 jobs working 60-80 hours a week and I still make the time.

I weigh myself everyday. I find this to be an important part. It can be de-motivating when the scale doesnt move but I usually turn it in to a postitive and work harder or longer in the gym if I dont see the number I want to see. Im a little obsessive about it and will weight myself throughout the day.

You dont have to eat perfectly to lose weight. Ive had 7000 calorie consumed days. I drink regular coke pretty much every day.

I track everything and I dont lie to myself. Dont give up, I had a 3 week plateau because I had 2 weddings in a week and a rugby function that took me 3 weeks to get back. Dont sulk and have even worse days earn your weight loss.

If anyone is interested my diary is public. My goal seems high because I have it on maintain I try not to go over the 1000 calories for a 2lb weight loss but my main goal is to not gain weight any day.

I help others so if you need a motivator add me as a friend.

Before at 330 lbs
xmas.jpg
huge2.jpg

Now at 280lbs
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1847.jpg

Replies

• RungosGirl
    Options
    Great job. You can totally see a difference. Your doing wonderful.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    great job for sure
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I need to tap into your exercise mojo!
  • deadeyelou
    Options
    Way to go, good for you! You've got a great attitude and sense of reality -- that's most of the battle, mindset. Although, its also nice to see that hard work pays off! Keep at it.
  • you look awsome!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    WOW. you look so healthy and happier too! Impressive...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • kattbalue
    Options
    Wow...you look fantastic!!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    remarkable difference! love how you still eat what you want - i don't think i'll ever have a 'clean' diet, even though i know that would probably be best...oh well. as a marine buddy of ours says....' there's no such thing as overeating - only undertraining!' of course, i think that philosophy might work a little easier with the guys than the gals, but i am still one for not restricting too much so long as i'm moving my butt at the gym! if i'm going to keep this up forever, it's going to have to be on my terms! go you!
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Yeah you look fantastic!! :smile:
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Well done you have done such a great job, you're an inspiration.
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man!

I too am of the weigh yourself every day school of thought. I find that if I don't over-obsess about my diet and my exercise and most importantly my weight, I tend to get complacent and lazy. If I'm not reminded every single day about how everything I eat can affect my progress, it all goes wrong. That's where I've gone wrong in the past and hope to not go wrong ever again.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ahhh someone bumped it. Was wondering why I became so I popular all of a sudden.

Lost another one today.

I loved the theres no such thing as overeating - only undertraining.
    remarkable difference! love how you still eat what you want - i don't think i'll ever have a 'clean' diet, even though i know that would probably be best...oh well. as a marine buddy of ours says....' there's no such thing as overeating - only undertraining!' of course, i think that philosophy might work a little easier with the guys than the gals, but i am still one for not restricting too much so long as i'm moving my butt at the gym! if i'm going to keep this up forever, it's going to have to be on my terms! go you!
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    Totally agree with you..I'm full time work, full time mom, full time student, fulltime wife...I still make time:) Good for you!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Super awesome bro! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!