Rewards

Options
Ultimately I have over 150 lbs to lose. Rather than consider such a daunting amount I'm breaking it up into smaller pieces. The first one is 35lbs (almost 10% of my weight) and then after that it will go in 25lb increments.

I'm looking for ideas on how to reward myself for reaching a goal. Clothes just doesn't do it for me. I have always hated clothes shopping, and while that may change as I lose, at this point it isn't a reward, it is a necessary evil.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    well well.
    where do I start?
    SEXY LINGERIE!
    SKIMPY DRESSES
    HIGH HEELED BOOTS TO THE KNEES!
    PERFUMES
    CHOCOLATE
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like and your budget! New pair of walking shoes? Electronic gadgets, books, earrings, new fragrance, upgrading a room with wallpaper or paint? The little goals are harder for me because I'm not terribly motivated by things, but when I hit my goal weight I know I'll go for an adventure of some sort...
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Spa treatment

Maybe a massage or manicure or pedicure?

And by the way, I'm with you, sister, on the clothes shopping.
  • Kjriley02
    Kjriley02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Massage
    Mani/pedi
    Facial
    The biggest, crunchiest, sweetest, organic apple you can find - yeah, spend $7 on one apple and enjoy the hell out of it.
    Give yourself a $$ reward toward grocery delivery during bad weather or a really busy week.
    A half day off from work and take yourself to see a matinee.
    Hire a home chef to come make you a healthy Friday night meal.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like the spa treatment idea. I have also seen where some people set non-weight goal rewards. Every day you exercise more than 30 minutes put a dollar in a jar. After 150 sweat sessions you can buy a new piece of equipment or weights or sign up for a class and you have the money to do it.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the non-weight rewards. Reward good behaviors not weight. I think I'll get a jar and put in a $1 for each day I exercise more than > 30 minutes and stay under my calorie goal for the day. Then I can use that for something fun.

If I stick to the good behavior the weight will come off.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I did 5 lb goals because I personally needed lots of rewards to lose weight. I got myself exercise clothes off the internet. You don't have to go into the store. I got running socks, running pants, running shirt, running bra, running hat and so on.

I also bought an expensive glass for water. I wanted it to make drinking water seem more special.

I would have liked a pedicure, but didn't get to it.

Jewelry?

foot massage?

A weekend away at a fun location or a B&B?

scuba diving lessons?

Pottery class?

a book?

fancy pen?

an IPAD
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    arm tattoo. depending on how my arms look of course. but yeah. and mine is for the whole thang. i am going all or all. ha.
  • shrinking_sarah
    shrinking_sarah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like bath products--body wash, lotions, etc. Also manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, etc. I made my husband take me swing dancing last week--hadn't done that since I was pg with our daughter, and she is 7 1/2 now.

I have to say that NOW I like shopping, and I have to do it or I'd be naked. . . :) It is a bit overwhelming being able to shop ANYWHERE rather than just at Lane Bryant, though.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Take a picture set and measurements. It's a good reward.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't bother buying many clothes as rewards whilst I'm losing weight as it seems like a waste of money if they won't fit soon, but I do like to have something I can wear as a reminder of what I've achieved. I like to reward myself with accessories like fancy scarves or jewellery for bigger milestones. Having something I can wear also makes it a bit easier to resist temptation as it's a constant reminder of the effort it took to lose the weight.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I also bought an expensive glass for water. I wanted it to make drinking water seem more special.

That is possibly my favourite thing that I have read on here since I joined :laugh: Whatever works!
  • bethc2
    bethc2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like the $1 for exercising but if you also put in $1 for every day you eat on plan, you could get something really nice for yourself in a short amount of time and feel SO much better. I knew I wasn't in great shape but I never realized how truly good I could feel until the first 30 pounds was gone. Good luck!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I found that buying smaller clothes when mine got too big was reward enough, but when I got to my first GW I bought a Pandora charm as a daily reminder, and when I get to ultimate goal weight I'm going to Samoa with a friend.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I agree with trudijoy =) Buying small clothes and then seeing how they fit with time is awesome!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I like to do artsy things, so I've been buying myself art supplies as rewards along the way. How about things related to your favorite hobby?
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I got excited when I saw this!
    My first reward was a pair if running shoes after 15 lbs.

Then I realized that I didn't want to focus on just weight goals.
    I made a goals and rewards list. Check it out for some ideas:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/998144-here-s-my-goals-and-rewards-list-where-s-yours

I have completed the list since then with the exception of my halfway goal. That's taking longer than I anticipated.

I have yet to make a new list. I need to in order to stay motivated. It really helps and it's rewarding : )

Good luck, and stay committed!!