Stuck!!!!

Options
So I've been stuck in a plateau for about 2 months now, and it's driving me nuts!!! I can't figure out how to get out of it. I eat pretty healthy, and I don't eat too much. I try to stick between 1200 and 1300 cals. I workout at least 5 days a week and burn between 250 to 500 cals per day, depending on the workout. I usually do a strength training session, followed by a cardio workout. I don't drink as much water as I should, but I can't see that being a big reason for being stuck. Does anyone have any advice? ?

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to up your caloric intake? If your ticker is accurate and you are #14 from your goal weight - you should up your calories a bit. Try 1500. Drink MORE WATER! Your body needs water to repair the muscles that you are working out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I've been stuck in a plateau for about 2 months now, and it's driving me nuts!!! I can't figure out how to get out of it. I eat pretty healthy, and I don't eat too much. I try to stick between 1200 and 1300 cals. I workout at least 5 days a week and burn between 250 to 500 cals per day, depending on the workout. I usually do a strength training session, followed by a cardio workout. I don't drink as much water as I should, but I can't see that being a big reason for being stuck. Does anyone have any advice? ?

mfp is designed for you to eat back your exercise cals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. Check http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and use that number if you don't want to have to eat back exercise calories.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Eating a bit more helped me break my plateau and I found that out accidentally.. but its probably more about figuring out what works for you as an individual
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    how meticulous are you with your logging? Do you weigh everything (the peanut butter especially), measure only your liquids? Do you log everything that passes your lips? Supplements?

I know you have had a lot of success in the past and the only reason I am mentioning it, is because the closer you get to the goal weight the more exact you have to be, because your deficit is so much smaller. Good luck for the rest of your journey :-)
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    how meticulous are you with your logging? Do you weigh everything (the peanut butter especially), measure only your liquids? Do you log everything that passes your lips? Supplements?

I know you have had a lot of success in the past and the only reason I am mentioning it, is because the closer you get to the goal weight the more exact you have to be, because your deficit is so much smaller. Good luck for the rest of your journey :-)

I try to log everyday, but even if I don't, im always aware of the amount of calories I'm consuming. Yes, I weigh and measure everything. My measuring cups and food scale are my new best friend.

Everyone is telling me to up my calories. I've tried that before and all it did was make me gain more weight, not lose it! I'll try it again. Hopefully it works this time
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options

I try to log everyday, but even if I don't, im always aware of the amount of calories I'm consuming. Yes, I weigh and measure everything. My measuring cups and food scale are my new best friend.

Everyone is telling me to up my calories. I've tried that before and all it did was make me gain more weight, not lose it! I'll try it again. Hopefully it works this time

"Always aware of the amount of calories I'm consuming" tells me that you've got a running total in your head, and that's a really easy way to underestimate your calories. Obviously you aren't counting something. There is some beverage, condiment, or other calorie contributor you're overlooking—or you're overestimating the calories you're burning. Or, probably, both.

Get disciplined with your logging, both what you eat and your REALISTIC exercise, and you'll get on the good side of the math involved. If that doesn't work, consult your doctor.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • ratz1960
    Options
    when I found myself at the plateau stage, I found putting weights in my pockets while working out cured the problem.