what food to give up to lose belly fat?

Options
i was recently at my doctors and explained how i was on a diet to lose some stomach fat. she said that in order for me to completely lose the fat i need to give up what i love the most, rice and bread :( being my nationality (Portuguese) its soo difficult to! so what im trying to ask, is do you think she is right? do i need to get rid of those,like, completely?

Replies

• Sparta74dah
    Options
    No. Everything in moderation.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    That doctor doesn't sound like she knows what she's talking about.. If that was the first place you gained weight, it shall be the last the weight leaves from :\
  • AVB88
    AVB88 Posts: 1
    Options
    I Was At 171 Pounds, Now Down To 159 In 3 Weeks And I Eat Bread Everyday, Even Steamed White Rice Every Now And Then. Of Course You Don't Want To Just Eat Any Bread. I Eat Whole Wheat Rounds...
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    whoa who ladies lets not be too hasty. You should check to see if you have a gluten allergy first. Because if you do then your doctor is right if that is what they meant. If they think you have a gluten allergy then I would try to remove them to see if that helps any. If it does then yeh you have it. However gluten allergies is usually wheat barley and rye. The rice thing is a bit weird but I would recheck with them and see what they meant.

Cheers,

Tof
  • guroprincess
    Options
    There's no diet or exercise that will make you lose fat on one specific area. If you want to tone, strength train. If you want to lose weight, eat at a deficit.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    All of the foods that put you over your calorie limit.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    There's no diet or exercise that will make you lose fat on one specific area. If you want to tone, strength train. If you want to lose weight, eat at a deficit.

this is also extremely true but definitely check and see what they meant first. I would hate to say ignore them and you actually end up having an allergy
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can't target where you lose, whether it be through exercise or diet. You just have to eat at a deficit and eventually it will come off. There's no magic food or crunch etc that can cause you to lose in that area.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    whoa who ladies lets not be too hasty. You should check to see if you have a gluten allergy first. Because if you do then your doctor is right if that is what they meant. If they think you have a gluten allergy then I would try to remove them to see if that helps any. If it does then yeh you have it. However gluten allergies is usually wheat barley and rye. The rice thing is a bit weird but I would recheck with them and see what they meant.

Cheers,

Tof

Why would a doctor say fat if they really meant bloating? If they meant bloat from allergies, they still aren't technically correct if they call it fat.
    I guess maybe. But if my doctor was calling my bloated-ness fat, I might be in the market for a new doctor.
  • theopenforum
    Options

Cheers,

Tof

Why would a doctor say fat if they really meant bloating? If they meant bloat from allergies, they still aren't technically correct if they call it fat.
    I guess maybe. But if my doctor was calling my bloated-ness fat, I might be in the market for a new doctor.

ahahahahah hilarious ^_^

well I just didn't want to jump all over the question without giving it a second thought. We are all in agreement that you can't target a specific area of your body to loose weight and belly fat is nothing more than BF%. It's just it was possible they may have meant something else is all.

cheers,

Tof
  • jbolainho88
    Options
    thank you everyone for your responses! god bless all!!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Gluten allergies seem to be all the rage now, which whole aisles of the grocery store devoted to highly processed, high calorie and expensive substitutes.
  • jbolainho88
    Options
    Gluten allergies seem to be all the rage now, which whole aisles of the grocery store devoted to highly processed, high calorie and expensive substitutes.

couldnt agree more:drinker:
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Stop eating refined white crap and processed crap and get in the gym Cardio is key but it starts with diet. Clean it up.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Stop eating refined white crap and processed crap and get in the gym Cardio is key but it starts with diet. Clean it up.

Why? Refined white crap and processed crap stops you losing belly fat? Really?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Yes. You've never heard of refined, white privilege?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yes. You've never heard of refined, white privilege?

Damn refined white foods, always trying to hold the brown foods down! Revolution!!! I'm tired of these typical white food antics!!!

*is eating mashed russet potatoes with whole milk and cheese mixed in*
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Some days by belly fat is accentuated by bloat. That's when I know I ate something weird. Just sayin':ohwell:
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Most importantly, you need to give up all sugar, especially being Portuguese.

And be sure to eat breakfast every day. That will kick-start your metabolism.