Should include drinks in my calorie count?

Options
2»

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you wouldn't count something that contains calories? You can certainly gain from drinking too much OJ!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Count everything. And stop drinking OJ when you're only eating 1200 calories :o
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your body counts every calorie even if you don't. No juice is acceptable - eat the whole fruit. It fills you up more and has fiber.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Anything with calories counts, OJ has calories.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Id log your drinks, drink calories still count
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    When I want orange juice but don't want to pay the calorie price for it, I'll mix 1 to 2 ounces of OJ with 6-8 (or more) ounces of seltzer water. I started with equal amounts of OJ and seltzer and gradually cut back on the juice. Now straight OJ tastes like almost syrupy to me.
  • babe__
    Options
    Yes if it's anything that contains sugar and calories. Diet soda and water does not.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had a Lucozade sport habit. I drank 3 a day at work thinking they were good for me. Guess what? They are about 140 calories per bottles. And its watered down diluting juice ! lol

That is 420 calories of juice till 3pm. I was still drinking those for the first week of my 1200 MFP journey. I had 780 cals left.

Uh-huh. Juice counts. Tea, milk, flavoured waters, etc.
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I include everything all food and drinks :)