Close to giving up, nothing is working

Options
I'm at 148 pounds the heaviest if ever been, I don't feel happy with myself and everything I try doesn't work. I been running a mile each day and ranging my calories at 1200 a day. I used to be 120 pounds but now that I dropped out of school I gained 25+ pounds. I go to the gym frequently and coach a cheerleading team. What am I doing wrong?? Help

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day may be too low. If your body feels like it's not getting enough nutrients, it will slow down weight loss. I'm not saying go crazy and intake 6000 a day, but try to increase it by a few hundred to make sure you're getting enough nutrition.

Don't get discouraged. What you're doing is a difficult thing, otherwise sites like this wouldn't exist :wink: There are a lot of supportive people here, branch out a bit, maybe join a couple of the support groups available, and read what other people are doing successfully, and try to emulate their methods. :flowerforyou:
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Keep at it...weight loss is not an easy process or fast. You will accomplish your goal. Eating healthy and exercising is a recipe for success.
  • pipsterenia
    Options
    Look at life as a journey. The destination isn't the end all be all, the journey is what is important. Take each day 1 meal at a time and do not get overwhelmed. You are worth the time investment. Set small goals that you can achieve....things like drinking more water, eating more servings of veggies, working out x times per week.....I weighed 289 lbs on 10/16/12 and now I am down to about 230lbs....It takes time and small changes you can live with are key.....Most important, if you feel like you mess up, don't beat yourself up.
    33102093.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools