My eating epiphany

michelleinpa
michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
I am alone tonight. Hubby is away, Daughter is at a dance. I got home from a LONG day at the office (in a week of insanely long days) and immediately took care of homecoming /daughter duty. Once she and her date got off safely, I realized it was 7pm and I was starving. While I was tempted to stick a Lean Cuisine in the microwave and eat lounged on the couch – I had a mini epiphany. WHY would I do that – did not my long, hard week deserve a fabulous meal all to myself – on my best china –candles and all.
So instead of just vegging & eating mindlessly, I started cooking. I made a healthy delicious dinner and sat down at the dining room table. I savored each bite. I made it an event. Even though I’m just 55 days into my weight loss journey, I deserve to live now. Live well, luxuriously AND healthily. Life does not start when I fit into a size 8 or hit my goal weight- it’s now. I am worth the effort, healthy eating can be so much more than just a quick fix meal. Maybe this will help me celebrate eating and not fear it – help me respect food and not live under its power.

Replies

• sutehi
    sutehi Posts: 36 Member
    You are so awesome. Nicely done =D
  • love it :)

I definitely want to learn how to cook some healthy meals! It'd be something fun for my boyfriend & I to learn together. Although those Smart Ones are pretty delicious, lol
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    I love your attitude. It is so often that we judge ourselves by the size of clothes we wear.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    A wonderful post. Thank you - and good on you for taking the time to be kind to yourself and knowing that life is now...AND when we reach whatever our goals are, but your attitude is amazing! With that thinking I know you will get to where you want to be and be able to maintain the lifestyle you have created.

^_^
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    I just love you! Well put my friend! :)
  • What a great story and an even more inspiring notion! I have been surprised by the things I have learned about myself through this process! But I think I might learn that vicariously! Thanks for sharing!
  • Good Attitude! It's amazing how much difference the way we look at things makes. Much success to you!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    AWESOME!!! :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    A great way to spend your time! :flowerforyou:
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    That is awesome!! Love your attitude!!
This discussion has been closed.