Looking for friends that are ACTIVE on MFP!

Options
Hello lovlies!

I am starting fresh! New month, new me, new attitude. The problem is, only one of my current MFP friends is active on this site! I would love to make friends with some ladies with similar goals! I am looking to lose about 25 pounds and exercise regularly (which I DONT do right now :() I have a fresh new (see pricey) gym membership and I can't wait to get to losing!

Looking forward to your replies! Have a great day :)

Replies

• becausemexico
    becausemexico Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there! First off, I'd like to say that I love your positive attitude! I am pretty active on MFP and since I've joined I have found that I am on MFP more than Facebook! My weight loss goal is waaaaay higher than yours, but I think we would still make great friends :)
  • teen_1983
    Options
    Hi

I've only been here for a week, but have been on everyday (i have the website up on my computer constantly at work).

I have 50lb to use and go to the gym or swimming everyday.

Friend me if you want :)

Martine
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Only been serious about this site for past week although signed up ages ago...now Im getting serious with it and very active member but bare with me I am still fairly new :)

Liv
  • liezele0323
    liezele0323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We're all in the same boat! We can all do this! encouragement from everyone helps us through :happy:
  • embaudin
    embaudin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Queenp85!

Have been on the site 20 days now, and I can't believe how much its helped! Even started using the Endomondo Sports Tracker in conjunction with it for me to monitor everything. I've been on every diet, food plan, and diet aids you can think of - after starting on this.... I've already lost 7lbs! I'm on here everyday, either on my mobile, my computer or both.

The one 'pebble' of advice I can offer (and I'm not someone who generally likes to give advice), is that you start setting yourself a small exercise regime to kick things off. My first week, I walked a minimum of 3 miles a day (all tracked on Endomondo) and went swimming a minimum of 3 times a week. After that initial 3lbs loss, it was all the motivation I needed. Still swim only 3 times a week, but I'm at the gym everyday and I walk a minimum of 3 miles a day still. I don't track my gym workout with the sports tracker - I use it mainly to keep myself in check on those basic 3 miles.

Feel free to add me on here, will drop you a line on your profile too.
    Hope to hear back from you, if not, I wish you all the luck in the world in your goals for weight loss, work, life and happiness xxxx
  • Takinha
    Takinha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My journey is a lot longer than yours but I joined MFP a couple days ago and I'm taking it seriously.
    You can add me if you want. ^^
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for over 2 years. Feel free to add me! I'm close to my goal (again) but will probably use MFP when I get there again, because I know that I will gain the weight back if I don't use it
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm active, I did just start a few days ago, but I am on site all the time. I comment a lot, too! I have over 100 pounds to lose so I am sure I will be on this site a long while, too!

Anyone active can feel free to add me!
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, any can add me if they want! But send a message with your requests please.
    I have a lot more to lose and I'm a lot older :wink: But I've finally figured out that I need to be steadfast and dedicated. I'm here every day and have been for almost four straight months. All of my MFP buddies are people who are not in my real life and that's the way I like it. Less judging, less staring at what I'm eating or not eating, less nosy questions and tons of encouragement and helpful information from people who understand what I'm going through. The only thing I don't like is my home feed page filled with constant posts from the same person over and over (get a life already) and Debbie Downers. If your having a bad day and need to unload fine, but if it goes on non-stop and seems to be just "who they are" then they get cut loose. I don't need the bad vibes. I'm not the psych dr. and they must need more help than I can give. :huh:
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Been on the site a while now with a fair bit more than 25lbs to lose, but anyone is free to add me
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I've been on the site for awhile (since April 2012), went into maintenance several months ago, then realized I wasn't quite where I wanted to be. My weight isn't super important to me right now (although I think I'd like to get down into the 160s), I'm a lot more concerned with fitness. I'm training for a half marathon in the spring (although I can't run much more than 3 miles without feeling like I'm going to drop dead right now....). Anyway, I'm active and I'd like to have people around me to keep me motivated.

Be aware though, that I'm NOT a "clean eater" and I have no real interest in it. I've lot 30-something pounds by keeping my calories in check while still eating Cheetos. I will send friend requests in a few minutes, right now my four year old is insisting it's "her turn" with the computer.
  • thickgirl2011
    Options
    Hi Queenp85,

I've been on this site a year ago and just started up again yesterday. So far this year I've lost 19.5lbs. I would like to lose another 20.5lbs by the end of this year for a total weight loss of 40lbs. For 2014 I would like to lose 60lbs. I will say as a great start for you that if you had to chose between eating healthy and working out, you will always lose more weight eating healthy. Notice I did not say dieting because those things are too short term and often do more damage than good. Once you work on this for a couple of weeks adding in exercise will give you a good balance and you will see a tremendous difference that will keep you from plateau. Good luck! Add me if you like.

Thickgirl180
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you ask for.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm on here more than facebook and Instagram if that counts for anything. :laugh:

Feel free to add me =]
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I had success twice with MFP but my pregnancies set me back. So here I am again ready to lose this baby weight. I try to log daily and am on MFP more than anything else.
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday and I try to comment on friends posts. I'm almost to my 1st goal weight (5 more pounds to go!!!) and then I'll be ready to set up my next goal of an additional 20 pounds. Feel free to add me!