Help!!!!

Options
Okay so I'm starting back on MFP because it doesn't seem to matter what I do I just can't seem to lose weight!!! ????

I've always struggled to maintain my weight and am never really happy with it but I quit smoking 3 months ago and have now put even more weight on which is really making me feel rubbish!

For the past two weeks I have been doin two 30 minute workouts 1x fitness DVD in the mornin and 1x 30 minute cross trainer for 5 days a week but I have put weight on!!!! and have put on 2lb so far!!!!

Help what am I doin wrong!!!!!!

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I gained weight the first month that I did Insanity- it's probably water weight. As your muscles repair themselves, they take up more water. Are you sore?
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    It's going to take time, but it's for life. You can and you will lose weight. Keep working. Stop looking for instant results.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Are you in a caloric deficit every day?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Are you eating in a calorie deficit? You mentioned your exercise but you didn't mention anything about your diet. The only thing that is absolutely "required" for weight loss is a calorie deficit. You can do all the exercises in the world but if your diet isn't in order it's not going to make much difference if you exercise or not.
  • becausemexico
    becausemexico Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you should try to focus less on the scale, and more on inches lost. muscle weighs more than fat, so it's possible that you're gaining muscle weight, which is a good thing, because muscle looks awesome and takes up less space than fat.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It might be a good idea to take your measurements as you may be replacing fat loss with adding muscle and not seeing it on the scale. Maybe also review nutrition if you're not sure if you're following things correctly there since activity and food intake work together. It's been a while since I reviewed it, but there used to be a few posts by the MFP creators in the community section, titled something about "Newbies: Read this"" that talks about how nutrition and exercise interact.

Great job quitting smoking! Weight gain is a big reason people go back but your body is better off without it! You've made it 3 months, that's a huge accomplishment. Focus on the good things you are doing and be persistent. You've overcome a great hurdle, keep up the good work!
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of factors that can fluctuate weight such as:

What did you eat:
    Too many calories:
    Too few calories:
    A Lot of water (this is actually a good thing):
    too much sodium:
    Body hasn't digested what you recently ate:
    Increased muscle
    etc etc etc

Weight loss isn't linear, give it some time. As long as you are in a slight caloric deficit, working out and eating and drinking enough of the right stuff, you'll lose weight. Some weeks you might notice a slight gain, some weeks you'll see a bunch fly off, and again some weeks you stay the same
  • nikky_rio
    nikky_rio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to message me. I wasn't really calorie deficit but was only having a banana and yoghurt for breakfast and then a cheese sandwich for lunch, I didn't eat dinner in the evening but it hasn't helped me to lose any weight at all! Now I'm back at MFP I will follow a calorie deficit diet.

I'm really pushing myself with the exercises so am feeling quite sore but I'm really reluctant to even have one days break at the moment!!!!

Thank you all once again for your helpful comments, it's much appreciated x