18 and still no facial hair?

Options
What would be a cause for this, should i bother visiting a doctor for this sort of thing?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If you truly have none at all, and you're male, I do think it sounds like a possible issue. Maybe low testosterone? I really do not know, but I do think it would be worth mentioning.

If it's just very faint or sparse, I would not worry at all. Some men are much hairier than others. My ex husband could not grow a goatee properly until he was almost 30. My husband now had a full beard in 7th grade.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    Are you native American? A good friend of mine is 23 and he doesn't even grow arm or leg hair. Some nationalities really are less hairy than others lol
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you some back hair for not having to shave my face...

seriously though, I'd ask a doctor.
  • westoweighless
    Options
    Sounds like you're a woman. Change your name and start shaving your legs.
    omg
    that's hillarious
    i love u
  • westoweighless
    Options
    so no razor burn? sounds good to me
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    dont sweat it dude.

im 35 and only shave once a week (i start to look "dirty around thursday")
    when i was a kid i always looked forward to shaving everyday and equated it to manliness.

tbh, im stoked and friends envy my baby face.

i have no upper body hair at all...nothing on the back, shoulders, or chest.
    this pleases both me and my wife.

i wouldnt worry.

ETA: and by "shave", i mean that i use the same clippers with no attachment that i use on my head once a week...so in reality im not even shaving, per se.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    It's hard to keep a baby face. Shaving is a hassle. Enjoy it while you can.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    just give up, learn to tuck and wear a padded bra. Grow your hair out... it's over.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was 30 before I could grow a full beard
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Show us a pic.

Not having a lot of hair is a not a bad thing. I bet you are very attractive.

*yeah, the cougar came out of me on this one, but I'm not into hairy guys. LOL!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It's hard to keep a baby face. Shaving is a hassle. Enjoy it while you can.

I wish I didn't have to shave!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If it's just facial hair, don't worry about it. Probably some sort of genetic trait. If you can't/don't grow hair anywhere on your body, then it may still be genetics, but I would go visit a doc just to make sure.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Show us a pic.

Not having a lot of hair is a not a bad thing. I bet you are very attractive.

*yeah, the cougar came out of me on this one, but I'm not into hairy guys. LOL!

Agreed and im not even a cougar lol ;)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's genetics. My ex had little to NO facial hair. All he would get is a few whiskers above his lip.. It grew in all white trashy like that..
  • ronit_rai
    ronit_rai Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my facial hair started growing up wen I was 13-14.. -.-
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Please print this out and save it so that you can look back on it when you are 40...
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I've been shaving since I was 13 damn years old. I'd happily trade. Enjoy the saving on razors and time in the morning while it lasts.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Some guys have it and some don't...honestly, I would switch places with you if I could. When I was in the military I had to shave twice per day to keep in regulation...I have a 5 o'clock shadow by like 1 in the afternoon...ironically, I have difficulty growing it on my head though and have a nice big "monkey butt" bald spot on the back of my head which is why I just shave that too....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy in high school who was about 18. he was a skinny, skinny, geeky kid and he probably wasn't growing much in the wa yof facial hair, either.

He is now quite manly.

You're young. Give it time.