Taking the next step past pound 15...

Options
Hey everyone. I'm Mirenda. Three and a half years ago I put on around 50pds. I've been loosing and gaining the same 15 pounds ever since. I've lost the 15 lbs again and this time I am determined to power through. I see a personal trainer once a week for high intensity interval training. The rest of the time I'm jogging or doing whatever resistance training I can squeeze in.

I'm a Mom of two amazing Aspergers boys. I love parenting them but it is extremely stressful. My weight loss journey is my investment in myself.

I hate that I'm doing the weight loss thing on my own so I'm reaching out to this community. I've only just begun utilising MFP but I'm already in love with it. I've been faithful to Runkeeper and find MFP a perfect compliment to RK and my lifestyle.

I'm just popping in to introduce myself. Please send me good vibes, I can use all the positivity I can get :-) I'd also like a few positive friends.

M

Replies

• golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good luck Mirenda! I am sure you will do fine!!! :-)

JB

P.S. I am a newbie here too...
  • mirendajean
    mirendajean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks man.

It's odd trying to loose weight in a country that doesn't have an obesity problem. I'm a VA woman. Here in Ireland most of the folks I know only fluctuate within 14 pds. Especially here in Donegal where most folks aren't that judgmental about weight (at least not outwardly).

I've a Canadian friend who is doing really well transitioning to a healthy lifestyle. Other than that I'm doing this alone and I find that difficult.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you keep at it and make it a permanent lifestyle, not just a temporary diet, you should have no problem keeping it off long-term. Surround yourself with healthy people and healthy ideas. You say you live amongst slim folks. Take a look around at the people and see how they live, then incorporate some of those things into your own life. Sounds like a fun way to get to know the culture, too. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • TweezyFbaby
    Options
    heyy its tweezy !!! my belly fat is causin loads of problm !!! any1 hlp me out how 2 cut it down ??
  • mirendajean
    mirendajean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you keep at it and make it a permanent lifestyle, not just a temporary diet, you should have no problem keeping it off long-term. Surround yourself with healthy people and healthy ideas. You say you live amongst slim folks. Take a look around at the people and see how they live, then incorporate some of those things into your own life. Sounds like a fun way to get to know the culture, too. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I am doing my best to find healthy people. Problem is I can seem to find many :-). I rarely drink and am against chips (French fries), therefor I don't hang out in the pub. EVERYONE goes to the pub for a night out.

There's a local running group. Once I can do 10k up and down hill I intend to join them. I'm not far off it. I can do interval running for 1 mile uphill. I'm going to add to it everyday.

I'm determine though. I'm going to get my healthy body back and spend my partners money on beautiful clothes...and avoid Diabetes which runs strong in my family.

I can do it!!
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am a single parent of an aspie and know only too well the stress that it can bring. I have maintained a 50lb weight loss for 6 years now and can tell you - exercise is natures prozac and can see you through the worst of days. I eat anything I like within moderation. It doesn't have to be a journey of deprivation that some make it sound like.

Take care and know that you are worth the investment for your mental and physical health and well being - the number on the scale will reflect a well tended life.