YouTube exercise?

Options
nlb1106
nlb1106 Posts: 37 Member
Can anyone recommend some good workouts that are on YouTube that I can try, nothing extremely full on but something fun and aerobic or beginners yoga/Pilates. I'm new to exercising regularly and would like to try some new things to keep me interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :) Nicole x

Replies

• GetFitNicky
    GetFitNicky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I got hooked on Leslie Sansone walk at home through the YouTube vids. At first I thought it was too easy. One mile? P-shaw. Ha. My legs were sore the next morning! Very different than a mile on a treadmill or elliptical for me, this is more full body and toning. 30 lbs down due to better eating and working up to her more challenging DVDs like 30 day challenge and the Mega Miles. I normally can't stand exercise videos (I do sometimes still mute Leslie and listen to my own music) and I didn't want to burn out shredding to the current hardcore vids--I'd probably pass out on my living room floor. Leslie moves you naturally from beginner to moderate with steady, safe exercise. Have fun finding what works for you! Kudos for getting going!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I generally just search for Zumba clips and put them on a playlist.
  • nlb1106
    Options
    That sounds like that could be good to try thank you :) I've been using my wii mainly for exercise so far doing just dance and Zumba, anything that doesn't feel loads like exercise and is enjoyable is good for me. I'll have a look at that tonight then :) thank you for the suggestion
  • gqbananas
    gqbananas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have recently found the Blogilates youtube channel which I have used a couple of times, not often enough to have seen any results yet, but her pilates workouts seem to be really good. There is also a beginners playlist to get into the swing of it all, plus a combination of videos that focus on problem areas and the whole body. Hope that helps.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    That sounds like that could be good to try thank you :) I've been using my wii mainly for exercise so far doing just dance and Zumba, anything that doesn't feel loads like exercise and is enjoyable is good for me. I'll have a look at that tonight then :) thank you for the suggestion

You are welcome! I like doing that, and I use my Kinect with dance games as well! SO much fun!
  • nlb1106
    Options
    Hi, I have recently found the Blogilates youtube channel which I have used a couple of times, not often enough to have seen any results yet, but her pilates workouts seem to be really good. There is also a beginners playlist to get into the swing of it all, plus a combination of videos that focus on problem areas and the whole body. Hope that helps.

That sounds like it could be fun to try. I know there are suppose to great workouts on YouTube it's just finding them through the crap. Thanks for your suggestions
  • supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    fitnessblenders on Youtube has everything you need. From beginners to advance routines. They make it fun and easy to follow.
  • Merari_Azuceli
    Options
    I really enjoy the XHIT workouts. Most of them are between 10 - 20 minutes and easy to follow along. I also like Blogilates, and BeFIt - you'll find Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Burlesque, Denise Austin and a lot more. Hope that helps!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is on youtube if you want a good beginner program. I also love Blogiates. She does a lot of strength based pilates work outs that a great for beginners.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Blogilates! She has a great beginner program, workout calendars, recipes, etc~

It is all FREE! :D
  • Searchofmuscle
    Searchofmuscle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Search core fusion, total body workout,, and also go to www.collagevideo.com and find people whose videos you like, for example Tracy Anderson has a lot on youtube.
  • Searchofmuscle
    Searchofmuscle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the blogilates info. Great site.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has free full-length exercise videos for all different levels. You can search for specific types of workouts in lower levels, and by length of workout, etc. It's awesome! There's no music though, just talking, so I usually open up another tab in my internet browser and play music on pandora (Cardio Dance channel is god!) while I'm doing the fitnessblender workouts.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions.
  • lisaivfrn
    lisaivfrn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also addicted to Leslie Sansone! LOVE her!
  • MFPmali
    MFPmali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great tips!
    I've also done Paul Eugene's aerobics videos.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com

this is a great website where you can search tons of workout videos depending on several different options.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BlogilatesTV

http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates

Most of it is killer pilates but she has some HIIT vids, too. You'll feel it. Promise. :)

if you want to go harder later, this is almost ALL HIIT

http://www.youtube.com/user/insanehomefatloss/videos
  • zaraheron1
    Options
    I'll vouch for fitness blender too, great videos!
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    Zuzana posts a lot of no-equipment butt-kicking HIIT stuff, if you like that kind of thing. Her youtube videos are under Zuzkalight, older stuff is Bodyrock.