nervous

Options
luvlee884
luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
I've been doing well thus far, but this Friday we're leaving for NY. Driving!! I know that means a lot of gas stations and fast food... I'll pack some healthy snacks like some cut fruit and the like, but I'm with family who is not interested in eating healthy and i do NOT want to undo the little bit of good I have done!!!!

Replies

• luvlee884
    Options
    I've been doing well thus far, but this Friday we're leaving for NY. Driving!! I know that means a lot of gas stations and fast food... I'll pack some healthy snacks like some cut fruit and the like, but I'm with family who is not interested in eating healthy and i do NOT want to undo the little bit of good I have done!!!!
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    Luvlee - 16 pounds is great!! Take care of yourself, #1, that will make you a great role model for your kids.
    Plan out your food in advance and organize it really well.....
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    BUY HEALTHY SNACKS NOW, DRIED FRUIT, GRANOLA (BE CAREFUL LOOK AT FACTS) YOGURT COVER PREZELS, 100 CAL SNACKS! YOU WILL BE FINE!! HAVE FUN!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    And also try to visit restaurants that have some low fat choices! Worst case scenario is you have to rip your meals apart trying to avoid the contents you know are going to be loaded with the worst number of calories.

If I'm FORCED to eat at Burger King, I always go for the grilled chicken stuff, and demand it DRY (meaning NO MAYO).
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there are grocery stores along the way - this was my tactic for my road trip since being on this new way of living. We stopped and bought some things that I could actually eat and know were healthy.
    Pick up this month's Oxygen Magazine Abs Special - there's a whole section in there about finding really manageable ways to eat at fast food restaurants when you're on the go. REALLY good tips in there!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with comments above, look up as many fast food restaurants as you can and find meals you can eat (and live with). Have a plan, stick to it. You can do it!
  • luvlee884
    Options
    ya'll are a really smart bunch!! Thanks for the good ideas!! I'll just help family stear away from McDonalds and closer to places with healthier options like Wendy's and Subway. I'll also pick up the 100 calorie snacks for when I get hungry in between stops so i won't pig out. I'll get a case of water. I'll grab that magazine too!!

Thanks soo much!!! :love: