60+ lbs going going gone and over half way to the finish

Options
Happy Friday from TX ya'll :P Just want to share my story for those of you who are struggling out there with your journey. I began January 11th, 2012. I decided to finally get healthy. I weighed in at an 295 lbs, 5'3, and 25. I was on the path of destroying my body and my future. I found Zumba and MFP and the rest is history. The first six months of I kept immaculate track of what I was eating. I tried to walk a few times a week. Then I saw a Zumba infomercial and was stuck on the idea I wanted to try it. So purchased it off Craigslist and invested in a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor. Your weight loss will only be as great as the tools you choose to utilize. (my list includes: heart rate monitor, cardio, food scale, and water)

So I did. I Zumba'd once a day five days a week. I wanted to get use to the movements and the intensity in the privacy of my own home, then I found a local studio in town that offered Zumba, Zumba Toning, Bodypump, Bootcamps, and other great classes. During the first few weeks I was amazed at higher intensity that was delivered at a group class. I was out of breath, my lungs were burning, my body was hurting. Zumba at 295 hurts!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! But I kept at in. After the second month I found my confidence and started making my way closer to the stage/instructor.

In 2013 I decided I need a new fitness goal. So I took up running. At this point in my journey I was 267-269. Now I thought Zumba hurt at 295, boy oh boy was I wrong. I didn't know the level of pain that I had just committed to endure. I dd a few fun 5k's and then I decided to get serious. I found a local running group who's focus was to train for the annual Rock and Roll half and full marathon. We ran three times per week for five months. During this time I learned so much about my body and about myself. I ended a two year engagement, moved back to the city, and was on my own for the first time in almost 8 years. By the end of this running season I will have ten races ranging from 5k to 8 miler under my belt. My pace starting out was 18:05 and is now at 16:25. I am currently 233.8 and have set a very ambitious goal to reach 199.9 by January 31, 2014.

The real point to my story is no matter how slow your weight loss the point is to keep at it and keep the numbers trending down. You have to change your life...not the number on the scale. Please feel free to message me or add me as a friend. Best of luck to you in journey. xoxoox -Nic

10-31-13 comparison pic 295 to 233
10-31-13progresspic_zps23012934.jpg

Replies

• _itsB_
    _itsB_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! :)
  • gracenessence
    gracenessence Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, congrats! What an inspiration. You look great :-)
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Not only are you doing well physically it sounds like mentally you have empowered yourself (not a small feat to do!!!). Keep up the great work!!!!
  • TammyP64
    TammyP64 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look great!
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look amazeballs babe!! Keep working!!
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OH! And I'm a Zumba addict too :)! It's so awesome!!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look great!!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
    When I was reading your story I thought someone was writing about me- we have about the same to lose in total and I have lost 58 of the 125 I plan to lose - so I am almost half way there and was considering posting when I hit my halfway mark - 63 pounds (only 5 more to go!). I started at the same time you did and also am a lover of Zumba!! I however am much older than you - at 45 the weight is coming off slower than I want - but I will get there!
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have come so far! Looking great!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    so incredible :)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Very, very, very, nice! Love the new before/after shots! You are doing awesome! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! keep up the hard work!!
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just the inspiration I needed today - thank you for sharing your story! What target rate do you try to get your heart at with your heart monitor?
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday from TX ya'll :P Just want to share my story for those of you who are struggling out there with your journey. I began January 11th, 2012. I decided to finally get healthy. I weighed in at an 295 lbs, 5'3, and 25. I was on the path of destroying my body and my future. I found Zumba and MFP and the rest is history. The first six months of I kept immaculate track of what I was eating. I tried to walk a few times a week. Then I saw a Zumba infomercial and was stuck on the idea I wanted to try it. So purchased it off Craigslist and invested in a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor. Your weight loss will only be as great as the tools you choose to utilize. (my list includes: heart rate monitor, cardio, food scale, and water)

So I did. I Zumba'd once a day five days a week. I wanted to get use to the movements and the intensity in the privacy of my own home, then I found a local studio in town that offered Zumba, Zumba Toning, Bodypump, Bootcamps, and other great classes. During the first few weeks I was amazed at higher intensity that was delivered at a group class. I was out of breath, my lungs were burning, my body was hurting. Zumba at 295 hurts!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! But I kept at in. After the second month I found my confidence and started making my way closer to the stage/instructor.

In 2013 I decided I need a new fitness goal. So I took up running. At this point in my journey I was 267-269. Now I thought Zumba hurt at 295, boy oh boy was I wrong. I didn't know the level of pain that I had just committed to endure. I dd a few fun 5k's and then I decided to get serious. I found a local running group who's focus was to train for the annual Rock and Roll half and full marathon. We ran three times per week for five months. During this time I learned so much about my body and about myself. I ended a two year engagement, moved back to the city, and was on my own for the first time in almost 8 years. By the end of this running season I will have ten races ranging from 5k to 8 miler under my belt. My pace starting out was 18:05 and is now at 16:25. I am currently 233.8 and have set a very ambitious goal to reach 199.9 by January 31, 2014.

The real point to my story is no matter how slow your weight loss the point is to keep at it and keep the numbers trending down. You have to change your life...not the number on the scale. Please feel free to message me or add me as a friend. Best of luck to you in journey. xoxoox -Nic

10-31-13 comparison pic 295 to 233
    I am enamored with this story. Thank you for sharing. I find myself doing random things, and they hurt, but Id rather hurt from exercise pain then physical/emotional weight pain.

This is just the inspiration I needed today. Thank you!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow. The incredible shrinking woman! Well done you look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!