not good enough

Options
So my girl and I finally have a night without our 5yr old. We hit the club, dance, have a goodtime, drink and have fun, then I check my email. I asked my mom for family history. Find out my aunt had her legs amputated cuz of diabetes. I tell a friend since he asked, then my girl says I'm a buzz kill! I wasn't even talking to her and I'm fine. Just now I know. I took a night off for her and its not good enough.

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about that. I realize I know nothing about it all. But, If your family members have some bad problem you are not the buzz kill.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I meant to add to keep taking care of yourself. And caring about your family is not wrong.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes some people aren't very supportive when it comes to losing weight. ALL of my friends and family don't support me to lose weight. Which is why I'm on here.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nothing is ever good enough, I'm always in the same boat one way or another.
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    i know that feeling of not being good enough for others all so well......and i have to say its not you that is the buzz kill .... its what they dont want to deal with about themselves that is the problem....keep caring and doing whats best for you......
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I only need to be good enough for myself, screw everyone else. With a significant other it's harder, but frankly your post was a bit scattered so I'm sure there is something more to it. Seriously have a discussion with her on a quiet afternoon, not while out clubbing.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Well, having had read your thread (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128677-damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don-t) before about how your family felt about you attempting a more healthy lifestyle ... it seems that there are the underlying problems of your family (or at least your girl, anyhow) not being happy with your new lifestyle in one way or another. It might be that she worries that if you lose the weight you'll want to lose them, as well. Whatever the situation, you need to nip it in the bud by openly discussing these issues with her. Because I don't think it's that nothing you do is good enough, really. I think it's a little more than that.