What I've learned in my first 5 days

Options
So I've been on mfp for five days now, and here's what I've learned:

1. Less money is spent on preparing healthy food rather than trying to track it down at lunch. My salad was nearly 12 bucks yesterday, and that's not the most expensive I've had near my office. Go figure, I could have picked up two Big Mac meals for the cost of one of those "specialty salads" (meaning the lettuce had grilled chicken).

2. Life gets in the way sometimes. It's not an excuse.

3. I need to develop better sleeping habits.

4. Drinking lots of water is good!

5. When I live in a condo and have full access to a full gym, plus tons of free online videos, there's no reason whatsoever to NOT do anything.

Yes, I suppose it's a learning curve. I used to be pretty active and healthy back in the day but let it all slide with demanding jobs and being in a relationship. Well, guess it's time for me, not only for me, but it will make me a better girlfriend, employee, friend, etc.

Replies

• KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You havent learned any cauliflower recipes yet?

We need to step up our game!!!

step-your-game-up-oh-o.gif
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Maybe she didn't venture into Recipes Forum yet.. but everyone finds the cauliflower recipes..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You havent learned any cauliflower recipes yet?

We need to step up our game!!!

step-your-game-up-oh-o.gif

Lol!

Keep up the good job!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I don't see the most important lesson of all: It's Really All About Calories™.

Yes, eating healthy is nice, yes exercise is nice, but at the end of the day, you will only lose weight if you consume fewer calories than you use over an extended period of time. I don't do the exercise or healthy eating thing, but I do watch the bottom line, and it works just fine. :drinker:
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options

They said things they learned in the first five days. Most people STILL don't realize this months later, and sadly some will never understand and accept this....:wink:
  • awedel21
    Options

They said things they learned in the first five days. Most people STILL don't realize this months later, and sadly some will never understand and accept this....:wink:

I'm guilty of this. Took me a month and a half to realize that Calorie deficit is the only way. Better late than never, I guess