Help please! diet and exercise?

Options
Hi everyone! :happy: I'm an 18 yr. old female at 5'0 and 190 lbs :ohwell: . I'm pretty new to this site and I've been trying to change my bad habits but i can never stick with them. Whenever i workout i can't seem to stick with my healthy eating and for the rest of the day i overeat on fatty foods (On days i work out i feel slightly more hungry than the days i don't). The days i don't exercise my eating is nearly perfect; mostly healthy choices within my calorie goal of 1450-1600. I want to be able to workout PLUS eat sensibly. Can you recommend me any tips that might have helped you or someone you know, thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• kristenskinner
    Options
    The thing that helps me is planning my meals. I take a lunch to work and try to leave my money at home so I'm not tempted to buy any junk instead. Before I go to get my groceries I make a meal plan for the week. That way I don't buy any of the bad stuff that I would later binge on and it saves me money. Knowing exactly what you are going to eat any given day helps with making snap choices to ditch healthy eating and eat junk. In the end, if you want this bad enough, I know you can do it!!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :happy: I'm an 18 yr. old female at 5'0 and 190 lbs :ohwell: . I'm pretty new to this site and I've been trying to change my bad habits but i can never stick with them. Whenever i workout i can't seem to stick with my healthy eating and for the rest of the day i overeat on fatty foods (On days i work out i feel slightly more hungry than the days i don't). The days i don't exercise my eating is nearly perfect; mostly healthy choices within my calorie goal of 1450-1600. I want to be able to workout PLUS eat sensibly. Can you recommend me any tips that might have helped you or someone you know, thanks! :bigsmile:

If you are eating your exercise calories, you shouldn't have this problem as they balance out the excess deficit caused by exercise. If you are not eating them, the hunger is your body telling you that it needs those nutrients.
    The days when I don't work out are sometimes uncomfortable for me because I need to eat so little those days..

Instead of fatty foods, go for low fat high protein food with fast carbohydrates right after the exercise. Those will give you the nutrients you need and give a good head start for the recovery process. I myself drink a recovery drink right after exercise and go home to eat a good meal.
    Instead of bying recovery drink powder, you can also start by drinking half a litter of milk too.
  • michie1979
    michie1979 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Protein fills you for longer, but lasts longer. Maybe eat something rich i protein a couple of hours before you workout, you will crave carbs after it. Its ok to eat the carbs, as your body needs them. Plan and have food ready. I find if im starving, i grab the easiest thing....junk is always easy. But if you have the right food prepared beforehand, and easy to grab, you'll be fine :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    ^^Great advice. Just wanted to let you know you CAN do it!!
  • Hellohottiee
    Hellohottiee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips everyone!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The thing that helps me is planning my meals. I take a lunch to work and try to leave my money at home so I'm not tempted to buy any junk instead. Before I go to get my groceries I make a meal plan for the week. That way I don't buy any of the bad stuff that I would later binge on and it saves me money. Knowing exactly what you are going to eat any given day helps with making snap choices to ditch healthy eating and eat junk. In the end, if you want this bad enough, I know you can do it!!

This is exactly what I do. I come here, make my food plan for a week, then I go out and buy only what I need for that week and nothing else according to my meal plan. I also tell everyone I know like friends or family members what I am doing and ask that they be considerate and not bring me anything unhealthy to eat.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    Hi
    I go to the gym in the evenings after i have eaten. Then when I get home and shower etc, its a bit late for eating so if hungry i tend to have cereal or fruit. does this help?