What to eat to reach all your nutrition goals for the day?

Options
I'm about to go to the store in a couple hours and I just was wondering what are some great things to buy to help myself reach all the nutrition values for the day on My Fitness Pal?

Every day I can never seem to reach the potassium intake, the iron intake, calcium intake as well as vitamins a and c without going over the sugar limit for the day.

Replies

• Hafdman
    Hafdman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the weight watchers string cheese.
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Salmon, lean beef, chicken breasts, fresh spinach, broccoli, eggs, Dannon vanilla greek yogurt, raspberries, kasha cereal, skim milk...
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    vitamin supplements....?
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Broccoli for daysssssssss!
  • seventieslord
    seventieslord Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    you'll never reach the potassium goal because most foods don't have it listed. just the default entries for raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and meats have them. but practically nothing packaged does. Aim to get halfway there, and you're likely meeting it.

I've been going through a great stretch where I meet my calorie goals while still getting enough protein, iron and calcium. (Fiber, A and C are givens daily). And that was without anything "concentrated" or "isolated" like powders/shakes, vitamins or protein bars. Not that I'm opposed to that stuff, I'm just proud that for a while I was doing that well without them. (no, I wasn't meeting sodium... no one in the world does, from what I can tell)

If you like eating lots but still want to lose weight, you've already figured out that fruits and especially vegetables are key. If you've gotten that far, forget fiber, A and C, you're probably getting double what you need already. It's the Iron, Calcium and protein that has to be filled in.

A lean chicken breast will take you a long way with the iron and protein. Or a vegetarian replacement, as I eat. Soy milk will get you protein and calcium. If you don't like soy, a cup of almond, rice, or cow's milk will get you something like 30% of your calcium right there. With that 30% head start on calcium, it's hard to miss just from whatever else is in the rest of your diet.
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yeah, anytime you're on a weight loss diet you should take a multi-vitamin. I shredded 8% bodyfat and only occasionally took my vitamins and became anemic. I now take a multi-vitamin, biotin, BCAAs and a protein powder.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Salmon, lean beef, chicken breasts, fresh spinach, broccoli, eggs, Dannon vanilla greek yogurt, raspberries, kasha cereal, skim milk...

If I eat only these things will I be set? I think I'm over thinking things. I think.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I take calcium chews for calcium because I struggle to reach it every day (plus they're yummy!) most stores carry a generic, but Caltrate makes chocolate ones.

Iron: the greenest of greens! spinach, kale, etc.

supplements for the rest as well. It's not always easy to reach these goals and vitamins can ensure you do.