Thank you!!

Options
I have read so many people's opinions and researched and researched weightloss. I was going with 1200 calories/day because that is what MFP suggested for 2lb weightloss. After researching things I found my BMR to be 1690 and my TDEE 2200. At first I was losing a good amount of weight. I imagine that was my body going from having my fat *ss on the couch eating wings with ranch to my body out walking and eating healthy food! Once that first shock of "Ok body, this is what we are doing" wore off I was stuck. So, I started diving into what I could do. Most people on here said that I'm not eating enough. I think it is weird that I need to eat more to lose more. I'm so desperate to lose weight so I tried it. Well...this week I lost 1lb after not losing any over the last few weeks. Yesterday was my weigh in and I was a pound down. Today I weighed myself again--ONLY because I started a challenge on here with some great people. Today's weight was 201.4. So, I just wanted to say thank you for all the information and tips you have allowed me read. I finally feel I'm going the right direction for me and am excited for my next few weigh ins!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• jaysull21
    Options
    Congrats to you. I find so much valuable information on these forums too.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    thank you now you can go on to the 1200 calorie forums and tell people that you also are walking evidence that the 1200 calorie crap does not work! There are so many 1200 and belowe eaters that "just can't figure it out!" I'm glad to see that u are a success story!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Same!! I was eating at 1200 and stopped losing after 20lbs. I was stalled for most of August. Then I figured out my rough TDEE and ae at 1600 and lost 2lbs a week again!

Then I got my fitbit, realised an even more accurate TDEE on work days was 2200. So I started eating at 1800 and still lost about a 1lb a week!

I love this place. Logged in 115 days in a row now and not intending to stop.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I feel we have ot trained into our mind that the less we eat the more we will lose. I know that is how I felt. Sure, this os the first week I've tested it. Not only do I feel better, but the scale actually moved in the right direction. People need to get over the misconception and just try it. I am so glad to have met people with the same struggles that have guided me. I hate spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere. I would gladly take a 1lb loss/weekly over being stuck at the same weight. People have to get over the instant gratification of that initial weightloss, and be comfortable with the gradual and healthy pace.