Thoughts on Focus T25?

I am looking to buy my first every workout DVD's. I know I can go on YouTube and other websites to get them for free, however I like the idea of having a program that I don't have to worry about getting online on a computer, small screen, internet connection problems, etc. I also like the idea of being able to repeat things as needed.

I am a beginner to workout DVD's. I am currently only walking and running for exercise. I did a boot camp style class for a short time at the gym.

So what are your thoughts about T25? I have a good friend on here that recommends it. I would like to know what others think. Also, how in the world do you figure out how many calories you are burning without a HRM?

So far I have lost weight buy making educated estimates about calories in (when food labels are not available) and calories out.

Replies

• DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    It's a great program! I'm on the beta phase and am planning on buying Gamma this week. You burn about 350 per work out depending on how much you weigh. It's so thorough! It works every part of your body! I'm sure you'll love it!
  • T25 is brillant i've just finished gamma, it's basic pack comes with alpha and beta which are both 5 weeks alpha is your foundation which is all cardio, beta progresses on alpha harder cardio and introduces weights, then you have gamma which is an optional extra it is mainly weights and a little cardio. Highly recommend it it's awesome Shaun T is a great coach totally motivates you to push harder, but there is a modifier move if your struggling, as it's first one you will struggle to being with but your body soon adjusts if you keep to the program.
    As for working out your calorie lose only accurate way is to buy a heart rate monitor for about £20, I don't use mine i just put my exercise through as cardio circuit training but does seem a bit high the losses it gives you so i wouldn't use that if your planning on eating upto your calorie allowance i'm always about 500 under so i'm not overly worried about it
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    So it is good even for a beginner? I know there is a modifier on there and I will definitely start with that. Just want to make sure I can get up to it!
  • TdaniT
    bump!:drinker:
  • T25 is a good program, the workouts are all 25 minutes + 2-3 minutes stretch and cooldown at the end. The Alpha phase focus on building your core without using any weights, all exercices are body weight only, while the Beta phase adds resistance training and the moves in the workouts are a little more complex than the previous phase.

You always have a modified moves for every exercices done by Tania, these are less intense and not plyometric.

T25 is a 50 days program and you do 5 workouts per week.
  • Yodifer
    Yodifer Posts: 87
    I really didn't care for T25, I like Insanity much better. I felt like I needed to be coordinated for T25, and I'm just not. Insanity was alot easier for me.
  • KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    bump
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    I think its a fun quick 25 minutes.. Its easier than Insanity and it skips the longer warmup/cool down periods and you just go. You obviously won't get the same calorie burn from doing an hour to 25 minutes (200-350 per exercise probably calorie burn).. For beginners its good because most of the moves are pretty basic, and if you can't do all of them then modify to finish.
  • TdaniT
    Sounds good! I am a beginner and would like to eventually do P90X or Insanity. I just know that I am not ready for that and I don't want to get discouraged.
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    So it is good even for a beginner? I know there is a modifier on there and I will definitely start with that. Just want to make sure I can get up to it!

Just to warn you they don't always do a great job of showing the modification.
  • TdaniT

Just to warn you they don't always do a great job of showing the modification.

Thanks!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    I love love love T25--- I started by following the modifier a lot and have worked my way to hardly following her at all. I have a body media fit and I have burned up for 500 calories in 25 minutes. I have had it since the summer and have yet to get bored with it. The 25 minutes go by fast and i would recommend it.
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    I have not tried the T25 workout yet, but i have three co-workers that have and the results are amazing! so i can say it works. They are all guys, they follow the workout calendar to a T, as well as, the meal plan. One has completed and starting over the routines and looking at purchasing the "Gamma" dvds... and lost over 100 lbs, the other two are on the second set of dvd's an have dropped more that 20lbs.
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    i loved t25! it was quick and fun - it was easy to follow the modified moves when needed. i completed all three phases (alpha, beta and gamma) and lost 30lb and 20 inches, and honestly, i did follow the modified moves most of the time.
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Im only on day3 of T25 and love it!! It goes so quickly, doesn't feel a chore and you can feel it after.
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    I started T25 on Monday. I am sooooo sore it's not even funny. It's a good sore though. Friday is double day which is two 25 minute workouts instead of one. I completed one this morning and will do the other when I get home. I am not brave enough to tackle them back to back yet. I find myself having to use the modifier now and then depending on what area we are focusing on. I am not an ab person so the Ab Interval's disc about killed me lol. I did that yesterday morning and today, it's pretty painful to take deep breaths, however again, it's a good pain :laugh: I love it so far and hope that I see great results as others have. I do use a heart rate monitor and my calories burned have ranged from 285-330. I will say that I am so thankful that tomorrow is STATurday though and I get to rest!!
  • TdaniT
    Thanks everyone! I ordered the program this past weekend. Should see it come in soon. I need to wait to start them until after Thanksgiving. I am going on vacation and my grandmother's house will not take the "jumping" around that I see the workouts are.