Why is it soooo hard?!

Options
2»

Replies

• kbarberee
    Options
    news flash.

It never gets easier.

There are always days when you dread going to work out- you're tired. You're hungry you're over worked.

Sometimes it's the BEST day for the gym/workout- you get to work it all out.
    Sometimes it's the WORST day for the gym/workout- you just want to go home and sleep.

All of us deal with it- but those of us who make it our life- it means there are no exceptions. it isn't "fitting it in" it's not "making time for it".

This is me. this is my life.
    Every Monday- I go to the gym from 5 -11.
    Every Tuesday- I got to the gym from 5- 11.
    Every Wednesday is BF day.
    Every Thursday I go to the gym between 5-7
    Every Friday I got to the gym from 7-10.
    Every Saturday I go to the gym between 830 and 1.
    Sunday I work at the studio then I go to the gym from 1-5.

This is what I do.

Some days it there are other events- I'm at the BF's house for a holiday. I'm doing something else. But that is my life. It is my schedule- its' what I do.

if there is a day ti doesn't happen- so be it- party for work- day at BF's I'm on vacation whatever- but otherwise- there are no excuses for why it doesn't happen.

It just happens. It doesn't GET easier- you start enjoying the work- yes- but making time? the work itself? it doesn't GET easier. You just have to learn to love it- or you stop doing it.

WOW! You have a lot of dedication! I will learn to make it a habit whether I want to or not. Just getting over this small hump that always seems to be the hardest. I know I can do it though! It's something I really want.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    That's what she said........................
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    I think doing Zumba 4 times a week would kill me. I have found a good balance that suits me.

I currently aim to do (sometimes I can't go to a certain day due to other commitments):
    Monday - I go to a run club, where I have made friends with a lot of the people there. It is not a "run", its training for running so every week is different ie. stairs, hill training, sprint training, etc and changes every week to keep it interesting.
    Tuesday- leg day (with an added fast abs class my gym provides)
    Wednesday - day off!
    Thursday- a punch class. Great fun and not scary at all!
    Friday- body pump
    Saturday- I do the UK's Park Run in my local area, which is a free timed 5k every single saturday morning. I was doing a bootcamp on a saturday but it is now finished for the season due to scottish winter weather.
    Sunday- arms/back/shoulders day.

For my the key is keeping things different. As much as routine is good for some, I get bored. Running on a treadmill for 45mins 4 days a week did nothing, nor did I lose weight, or change fitness levels.

Instead of Zumba 4 days a week, go for a run, or cycle or get set up for a class somewhere.

Classes work for me because I make friends, they keep me interested and like MFP they give you ideas and advice, or info on up and coming runs/obstacle runs that you can take part of, and other classes that will push you.

Or if you would rather stick to home workouts, then get other dvds such as Insanity. There are THOUSANDS of these everywhere, so there is no need to stick to one. Also, have a look at blogilates.com for different workouts.