Pre- Workout Formulas?

Options
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone here takes pre workouts for energy. I've been struggling through workouts lately, and afterwards, I am like, dead tired. Like, unusually tired. Like, stopping on the stairs to get back up to my apartment tired. I went to GNC to look at some pre- work outs. However, I wanted to ask here first. Does anyone use these, and, if so, do they help you get through work outs better?

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily take a pre-workout supplement but I work out in the evenings and make sure I have had enough calories through the day. If I feel I am falling under I have a breakfast bar or fruit before my workout.
  • Leoln7
    Leoln7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Before rushing out to buy a pre-workout be sure to take into consideration your meal timing and what kind of nutrients you are getting before your workout.

You could be feeling sluggish because of a change you have made to your diet recently or it could simply be down to lifestyle.

Either way I would definitely take a closer look at your diet before paying good money out on pre-workout supplements when the solution might be right in front of you!

Good luck!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I makes sure I eat a balanced snack about 45 minutes before I hit the gym so that I am firing on all cylinders.
  • Shannon1981B
    Options
    That might be it, then, guys. I go to the gym first thing in the AM, at like 6 AM. I don't eat anything first- just water. But I was fine before! A good night's sleep was all I needed. I guess breakfast first, maybe?