Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Hi
Has anyone used Garcinia Cambogia to support Weight Management?
good, bad, ineffective??

thoughts please

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lol i personally dont believe in any magic pill. last night i was at GNC and i heard the sales guy telling this woman that this burns fat, doesnt let sugar become fat and all this nonsense. and i was just shaking my head. wanting to tell the lady. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I see that I have the opportunity to save over 60%, right now! Just by clicking the banner ad! This is so exciting! A thread with the same topic as the banner ad! Yayyyy!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dude, just no.
  • Throughout the years I've tried different versions of all that crap before I came to my senses and none of it works. There is no magic pill that's gonna make your body not absorb fat or doesn't let sugar become fat. If this was really the case, wouldn't EVERYONE be using it?
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It "works" really well with proper diet and exercise... amazingly it still works well even if you never take it :laugh:
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yeah...got hyped watching Dr. Oz.... bought some....well not too impressed....
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    Throughout the years I've tried different versions of all that crap before I came to my senses and none of it works. There is no magic pill that's gonna make your body not absorb fat or doesn't let sugar become fat. If this was really the case, wouldn't EVERYONE be using it?

Umm... hello... Alli... just be sure to carry extra pants with you everywhere you go :laugh:
  • Throughout the years I've tried different versions of all that crap before I came to my senses and none of it works. There is no magic pill that's gonna make your body not absorb fat or doesn't let sugar become fat. If this was really the case, wouldn't EVERYONE be using it?

Umm... hello... Alli... just be sure to carry extra pants with you everywhere you go :laugh:

Ha yeah right. I'm not about that carrying extra pants program.
  • Libbysh78
    Options
    Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post.....

I don't watch Dr Oz - haven't seen any hype about it.
    I had a woman at the heath food shop try and sell it to me as a Digestive function aid.

Basically what she was say is:
    when you suddely start reducing calories and change your eating habits your digestion slows down.
    Thats why after the first few weeks of sucess, it gets harder and harder to shift the weight.
    so what you need is something that will trick your motabilism to staying the same speed - the Garcinia Cambogia or something like Blackmores Metabolic Advantage will aid your digestion and keep it from slowing up.

Last time I lost a bunch of weigh I took a good mulitvitamin and iron tablet to make sure I wasn't missing out on any essential vitiamins.

I'm not looking for a quick fix. I know it took years to put it on.
    I am looking for a herbal remedy to support my digestion while I eat healthy and exercise.
    Is Garcinia Cambogia a good option or should I stick to a good multi vitamin?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

I had a woman at the heath food shop try and sell it to me as a Digestive function aid.

when you suddely start reducing calories and change your eating habits your digestion slows down.
    Thats why after the first few weeks of sucess, it gets harder and harder to shift the weight.
    so what you need is something that will trick your motabilism to staying the same speed - the Garcinia Cambogia or something like Blackmores Metabolic Advantage will aid your digestion and keep it from slowing up.

Last time I lost a bunch of weigh I took a good mulitvitamin and iron tablet to make sure I wasn't missing out on any essential vitiamins.

I am looking for a herbal remedy to support my digestion while I eat healthy and exercise.

The person who told you all this is trying to earn a commission on a product that you don't need. You can't "trick" your metabolism and all the other stuff she said is untrue.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I spent 60$ on a bottle of magic weight loss pills Dr. Oz hyped up on his show....what a racket! Snake oil! AND I had to pay shipping!!!!:explode:
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Throughout the years I've tried different versions of all that crap before I came to my senses and none of it works. There is no magic pill that's gonna make your body not absorb fat or doesn't let sugar become fat. If this was really the case, wouldn't EVERYONE be using it?

Yeah.That anal leakage sounds like a real downer.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I paid a penny for a bottle due to a price mistake.

I want my penny back.
  • YesIAm17
    Options

Yeah.That anal leakage sounds like a real downer.

Clearly you're just not really committed to your weight loss :laugh:
  • sjk1122
    sjk1122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started using Garcinia Cambogia before I ever seen it on Dr. Oz and it has done wonders for me. But not everyone is the same. I felt like I had lots of energy and it curbed my hunger. I have been taking it for about 10 months now.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Ah yes, the health food and supplement shop. The used car dealership of nutrition. I'm surprised they don't wear trench coats lined with pill bottles...
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I got it, but you have to take three a day for the results you've been hearing about; they are big pills too. I never finished my first bottle, so I don't know if it really works, but there really is no magic pill.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Lol, no