Today... Diet... Birthday party....

Options
Ok wish me luck... Cant plan what I eat today.... My family and I are going to a birthday party.... Oh well everything in moderation right..... I will bring my slimfast and drink it for dinner instead of lunch.... Ok there we go my plan for the day...

Replies

• Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, I have 2 birthday parties today and have been a little bit nervous. We can do it!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I know you've heard it before, but it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. So go to the party, make smart decisions, try to stand and walk around for the whole party, and then come home and do a little extra cardio!

We cannot give up our families and friends for our weight loss journey. But we can ask them to allow us to stick to our plans as much as possible. Any other result would be unfair to all involved.

Good luck and have fun :smile:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Good luck hunny!!! At the majority of parties my friends or relatives host there is a veggie tray and I tend to stick to that while taking small portions of other things! Once you get this down you will feel more confident in the future! And who knows, if you get this "under your belt" maybe Thanksgiving and Christmas won't seem that hard!! :o)
  • mario284
    Options
    Very well said :-)
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok had a very bad time at the party... which reflected in how I ate... way over my cal goal.... and my husband was no help too... I ended up getting angry because the only time I would get talked to was if I was fallowing my husband around and so I was basically there to watch my children and make sure they did not act up. And when my husband chose to pretend to want to be involved with my children and I gave him a look one of his friends said, "wow she gave you a look"... and then he asked in front of every one if I was ok... and then when I went to talk with him he did not care... So I end up leaving the party feeling like crap and how I have been working hard to lose weight and it really is for nothing... I heard my husband talking about a text he sent one of the other women stating, " a young hot sexy woman told him to text her" I know he was joking, but still I just feel like there is some one that will alway be prettier and more attractive than I will be so why even try to improve what I look like when its not going to matter...
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Dont give up, sometimes they dont mean to say it the way it comes out.
    It might be that he thinks that when u have lost the weight u wont want him any more.
    have u spoken to him about what happened yet?
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We talked last night. And no i am not giving up... And i did my weigh in this morning... i have lost about 2.5 lbs this week... Thank you for responding.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ok had a very bad time at the party... which reflected in how I ate... way over my cal goal.... and my husband was no help too... I ended up getting angry because the only time I would get talked to was if I was fallowing my husband around and so I was basically there to watch my children and make sure they did not act up. And when my husband chose to pretend to want to be involved with my children and I gave him a look one of his friends said, "wow she gave you a look"... and then he asked in front of every one if I was ok... and then when I went to talk with him he did not care... So I end up leaving the party feeling like crap and how I have been working hard to lose weight and it really is for nothing... I heard my husband talking about a text he sent one of the other women stating, " a young hot sexy woman told him to text her" I know he was joking, but still I just feel like there is some one that will alway be prettier and more attractive than I will be so why even try to improve what I look like when its not going to matter...

THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON TO LOSE WEIGHT IS FOR YOU!!!! not anyone else ok? Keep up the good work and be proud.