Want to be diet buddies?

Options
jeorwa
jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
Hey!

I just turned 30 (yikes!) and been married 5 years. We don't have any children yet. I am also insulin resistant/PCOS. I need to drop some weight - and would like to get down to at least 144 from the 187 I am currently(I am 5'4)

I started to do this program earlier, but as I teach, and I was off during the summer no routine found me very unmotivated to do ANYTHING! So now I'm back, and I'm not going to quit till I've met my goal. It's time for a lifestyle change and for me to learn how to really take care of my nutrition.

My doc told me to sign up for weight watchers - and that I need to focus on eating the same amount of calories every day and exercising just 30 minutes every day... but I can't see paying money for something that I can do much more convieniently from home for FREE! (Thanks myfitnesspal!)

Anyway - it's going to be fun meeting ya'll - good luck and remember how fab it will be to put on those "skinny" jeans!

Replies

• LaurenMommy
    Options
    Hello, I am new here also wanting to lose weight. I currently weigh 165 and wanting to get back down to 130 before I had my daughter.
  • jeorwa
    Options
    Well, LaurenMommy - congrats on the baby! I'll add you!
  • jackal75
    Options
    Hi there!

This site sure makes it easy. I sure as heck would never pay for a diet after seeing what this site has done for me and so many others! Hopefully the nutrition info on this site can help manage the medical issues as well.

I started at 240. I'm at 198 now, and gunning for 165.

Good luck, and you can do it!
  • jeorwa
    Options
    240 and down to 198? WOW! Impressive!
  • jackal75
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128028-so-far-so-good-halfway-there-pics

Cut & paste that into your browser to see my post in the Success Stories forums....
  • jeorwa
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128028-so-far-so-good-halfway-there-pics

Cut & paste that into your browser to see my post in the Success Stories forums....

WOW. That is super impressive! Congrats!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good luck. If you get a good network of friends on here and try to eat well and exercise you will definitely achieve your goal.
  • Lisa1259
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Lisa, 50 years ago married with grown kids. I balloned up to over 200 lbs while on meds when I had lymphoma and then joined weight watchers. I had once became a lifetime member, but now I just can't seem to loose the weight. I keep losing and gaing the same 10 pounds for over 2 years now and I'm suck in the 160's I'd love to go back down to the 140's and although I have only started on this site a week ago, I already feel like its going to be a huge help in my success. Who knows I may even end up getting back down to the 130's!! I'm super excited about My Fitness Pal!!!
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You will love it here. So much motivation and support to get and give! I have been on here about 6 wks and have lost 10 pounds. Far better than I did with my last try at WW! Good luck on your journey. I will send you a friend request so we can stay in touch!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :)
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im trying to lose 60 lbs so need all the buddies I can get. I'll definitely add you toots!