Lower belly fat

Options
Hi all, I am a 108lb female 5'1" I started at 120 lbs and with hard work both cardio and lifting I am proud to say I am down to about 108lbs. The problem I am having is this: I have lost a lot of fat from my upper body as you can now see my ribs and large collar bones boobs have shrunk and my upper ab area is nice and tight but I have a large lower pot belly. That just won't budge. Any extra advice? Have the sit ups been making it bulge out more, should I cut back on the ab exercises? What do you guys think.? Do u think it will eventually go away? My hip bones are also quite large for my small frame.

Replies

• gimpy117
    gimpy117 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    what's you BMI? 108 pounds seems awful low unless you are really of small stature
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    20.5 BMI. I am a generally small person. I am happy with my results from all my hard work, just that damn lower belly won't work with me ???? it's hanging on for dear life.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    20.5 BMI. I am a generally small person. I am happy with my results from all my hard work, just that damn lower belly won't work with me ???? it's hanging on for dear life.

Posting to keep track!

I have the problem!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Maybe switch up your ab exercises? Sit-ups are good, but there are tons of other exercises that target that lower ab area.
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If it's fat then it will go away with continued dieting. If it's because of wide hip bones then you can't change that.

Sit ups won't burn the fat. Everybody's body stores and disposes of fat its own way. Your stomach might be the slowest part of your body to lose fat. If you think your upper body looks too gaunt by comparison, maybe some upper body strength training is in order to build up the muscles--but that's not really practical on a caloric deficit.