Halloween NSV!!

Options
I meant to post this when I got home from trick or treating, but I feel just as good about it now as I did 30ish hours ago.

This time last year when I went trick or treating with me son and husband we went to my in-laws neighborhood. Really friendly people, great lighting, lots of goodies for the boy. Within 35-40 minutes of walking I was all but begging for my son to quit earlier than he wanted. I had been lagging behind him and my husband for a majority ofthe evening and rhey were forced to continually wait for me. I was exhausted and in pain and felt like sitting by the curb to cry. I felt like an awful parent for making my son quit ealy because I wasn't healthy enough to enjoy it.

Fast forward to this Halloween... I was able to keep up with my seven year old going house to house (again in/near my in-laws neighborhood), not only that but I had to continually slow my pace because I was outdistancing him and my husband. Even walking up and down hills I was able to keep up conversation and didn't feel winded. And then the most awesome thing happened; my son announced that HE was tired and wanted to go home and I was still up for going down several more streets, no problem! In a year I went from forcing my son to cut his trick or treating short to being too fast and energetic for him!!

My husband on the walk back to his parent's house turned to me and asked, "How do you have THIS MUCH energy?!" And I could oh laugh and respond, "I'm finally taking care of my body and giving it the opportunity to be healthy."

Definitely one of the best feelings I have had since starting down this road to better health. Being as to see how much has change just makes me want to keep the momentum going just so I can see what the next awesome thing will be. :D

Replies

• bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is a very heart warming story. I gives me and Im sure it will give others motivation. That is an amazing improvement
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This might be my favourite NSV ever! Way to go!! Your son must be so proud of his energetic mom.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!