So frustrating nearly at my goal... Any help?

Options
Hello,

Looking for a bit of help.

I've lost 14 kg in the last year. I have 1kg to go for my goal weight which I hope to reach by December. I haven't been able to go below 76.4kg for the past two months. The past two weeks I've really upped my game and nothing actually gained .4kg despite adding an extra workout to my week.

My calories are working out between 1200 - 1400 calories per day. I can only come to the conclusion I need to increase my calories. What do you think? My stats are 27 yr old female, 76.8kg and 180 cm/5ft 11. My goal is to be 75kg or less of course!

Thanks so much :)

Sample meals:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with water

Lunch:
Tuna Salad

Dinner:
Omelette or Chicken with veg

Snacks (2 or 3 of these a day):
Almonds (Raw)
Hummus on Rye crackers
Pineapple (Fresh)
Fruit smoothie (homemade)
Veg Juice (homemade)

Workouts (4 times per week):
Strength training/weights
Cardio (around 2 hours in total)

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Have you plugged your numbers into any one of the numerous TDEE calculators available online free and found by googling? :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You can fluctuate 2 to 3 kgs in a day. So why be obsessed with this final number on the scale even if you reach it 12 hours later you won't be at it. It won't make any difference. You have all ready done fantastic celebrate that fact eat at maintenance and concentrate on fitness. Don't get obsessed with a random goal number. Congratulations on your achievement
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Are you logging accurately?

If so, yes, you need to up your calories. You have so little to lose that you will likely lose it on your way to finding what maintenance is for you.

Eat 1500 for a week. 1600 the next week. 1700 after that. Give it some time and don't freak out if you gain a bit at first. Try it for at least a month.
  • ginasharpe
    ginasharpe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Yes they say I should be hitting 1600 calories. I suppose I'm just afraid of putting on weight. I seem to hit plateau's for 2/3 months and then drop again. It can be quite annoying. The last time I lost a significant amount (I was stuck on 80kg for ages) was when I reduced my calories to 1200 - 1400 calories which is why I'm afraid to increase now.

Thanks for your suggestion.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Your body needs fuel to run like a car. You don't give it enough fuel it is not going to operate properly and sometimes that comes in the form of stalled weight loss. I would try to eat at TDEE minus 10%, as you don't have that much more left to lose and aim for 0.5 lb to 1 lb a week fat loss.
  • ginasharpe
    ginasharpe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your help. I'm going to give it a try for the next month and enjoy the extra calories :).

@fatdoob. Thanks. You're right I don't know why I'm so obsessed on the number. My bmi is healthy and I feel so much better about myself.

I'm going to concentrate on being as healthy as I can and work on improving my fitness.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on MFP please feel free to add me. :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to log? Do you log everything, including oils and condiments? Do you take days off from logging or do "cheat" days?

I do agree that you should have a very small deficit at this point. But first make sure you're really eating as much as you think you are.