Anyone using Applegate Organic & Natural Meats??

Options
I recently purchased several items from the brand Applegate Organic & Natural Meats from my local Target. At first I was pretty excited to see they had some organic deli meats, cheeses and turkey bacon available at my Target that I frequent (a lot, lol) but sorta hesitated.

What's your thoughts on this brand?? It's my first time using it and just wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks!!

Replies

• iamafoodaholic
    iamafoodaholic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We LOVE the Sunday morning bacon!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me they taste just the same as the rest without all the chemical crap. I love them. My wallet, not so much, but heck.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I like Applegate because it isn't owned by a major corporation. The same cannot be said for the vast majority of organic and natural food producers (see: http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Updated-Organic2013.pdf)

Amy's Kitchen, Nature's Path, and Clif Bar are some other independently owned companies.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    BACON, ENOUGH SAID! I LIKE THE BRAND
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Agree with the poster above . Applegate is my go to meat/cheese deli cuts. I am carefully pace my use of these products due to the sodium content on a given day.
  • missability
    Options
    I use to buy Applegate at our local Earthfare all the time! Excellent!...But then they began carrying Plainville Farms, Very good also! But Earthfare and Wholefoods are both over 30 miles from my house, and when I went to my local Publix grocery store, and asked them about carrying either, they were able to get Plainville farms the easiest....So I use that now:)...LOVE LOVE LOVE, their 99% lean ground turkey BREAST! Makes fantastic, super high protein burgers, meatballs, chili.....YUM!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Their bacon is amazing.
  • Crohns2013
    Crohns2013 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We can't get that brand here, but I've never heard anything bad about it. Everyone seems to love it.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    we use their turkey bacon almost exclusively, their sandwich meat is great and I also love the chicken patties myself with a salad, they're like a giant chicken nugget but without the creepy stuff and so yummy! their hotdogs are so so, central market organic grass fed ones are better

ETA: oh and just started using their organic ground turkey too - awesome!