Just introducing myself

Options
Hello all. I don't need any words of encouragement or the like, just saying "hi."

I recently had a physical that informed me that I should be looking to improve a lot of aspects of my life. I was high on BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides. Add to that I'm newly single, and "oila," a new gym member and calorie counter. I must admit, watching what I put into my body has made a huge difference. I was quite surprised how much cholesterol and salt I was consuming.

After my first month, I lost 10 pounds, 1" of each neck, waist, and thigh, and 1% body fat. I'm now addicted to the workouts, and feel uneasy when I don't at least get a cardio on. I weight lift 3 days a week and do 40-60 minutes cardio 3-6 days a week.

I'm fine with working out alone, but wouldn't mind having a workout buddy in the Beaverton, OR area. All the better if it were someone at the Cedar Hills LA Fitness.

Replies

• sayanthegainz
    Options
    hey guys please feel free to add me!! im trying to lose 30 pounds by January first with daily exercise :))
  • health1971
    Options
    I would like to start by thanking you for your service :smile: ...

Feel free to add me :happy: ...

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou: ...

-Ivonne
  • may2000
    Options
    First time forum poster and long time dieter. I'm almost 40 years old and finally ready, I think, to get this **** until control. I'm hoping to get some support and hopefully encourage others. Not sure what I'm doing, or how to get motivated, But I know it's time to get serious about it.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9713686.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • splitaces
    Options
    if you need some good sites that can tell you all about the nutritional values that are in your food that you eat i can get you a couple, i am new to this also just started actually but here is a site that can tell you all about the nutritional values in the food that you eat for free, http://calorielab.com this site can help a lot when trying to find out the calories and proteins in your food.