Dehydration

Options
I'm taking 2 medications that each cause dehydration and with both together it's horrible. I can't stand sweet drinks so Gatorade type stuff is out of the question. I have some electrolyte tablets but I have a hard time making myself take them because I already take a lot of pills. Does anybody have any other tips for staying hydrated? I think tons of water. Are there dissolvable electrolyte tablets?

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Coconut water? Check the labels because they vary widely though.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh. Had no idea that had so much potassium. Thank you for the tip!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Almond milk is pretty good too. I use them for protein shakes to up my potassium.
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Smart water?
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are a bunch. I've used Nuun and Ultima
  • Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    is your pee clear? then you're not dehydrated.

if you're drinking tons and tons and tons of water, you might need to replace electrolytes but if you're eating a reasonably healthy diet that wont be an issue either.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what they are called in English, but drugstores also carry cheap sachets with powder for rehydration, you just mix them with water. I don't think they are too sweet, at least not like Gatorade.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I use coconut water. I like VitaCoco. Natures Gatorade. I also drink low sodium v8 daily to keep my potassium levels up.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Mio has a sport water enhancer that has electrolytes- you can decide how much you use so you can make it as sweet or not sweet as you want.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    is your pee clear? then you're not dehydrated.

if you're drinking tons and tons and tons of water, you might need to replace electrolytes but if you're eating a reasonably healthy diet that wont be an issue either.

I'm on a medication that makes me really dehydrated. I drink tons of water and my pee used to be clear. They added a 2nd med that is also dehydrating and it's been dark yellow for about 2 months now despite glass after glass of water.