MFP says I'll be 500 lbs in 5 weeks...help?

Options
cdt912
cdt912 Posts: 5 Member
I've started the keto diet, low carb, high fat. I've been losing about 2 lbs per week with light exercise and diet. However, I completed my diary entry from yesterday and the prediction it gave me was that I would be 501 lbs in 5 weeks!! I know that it's a simple calculation based off of the data entered, but is it implying that I'll gain weight or could that be some sort of technical fluke? I just want to be sure when I weigh next week, I haven't packed on 100 lbs. :-P

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My sarcasm meter is pretty good but I'm not sure on this one. Lol
    In case you're serious, the answer is this: if you eat the same way every day for the next five weeks that you did yesterday, it's possible you'll be 500lbs in five weeks.
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It calculates that from day to day based on your intake. Your diary is closed so I can't see what you ate, but I'm guessing you were over the MFP recommended calories for the day - and by quite a bit. It's basically saying that if you kept eating at that level, you'd be going up in weight (although, we all know 500lbs in 5 weeks is pretty much physically impossible!).
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    I've started the keto diet, low carb, high fat. I've been losing about 2 lbs per week with light exercise and diet. However, I completed my diary entry from yesterday and the prediction it gave me was that I would be 501 lbs in 5 weeks!! I know that it's a simple calculation based off of the data entered, but is it implying that I'll gain weight or could that be some sort of technical fluke? I just want to be sure when I weigh next week, I haven't packed on 100 lbs. :-P

ignore it , it is based on simple calculations and is rarely correct anyway.

I pay it no mind what so ever
  • TheFairyJester
    Options

ignore it , it is based on simple calculations and is rarely correct anyway.
    it also does not take into account other dietary lifestyles.

I pay it no mind what so ever
  • nancymarielynn
    Options
    500 pounds How much are you now
    yesterday I did some thing wrong and it said I would gain 79 pounds.
    finally playing around with it it said I would loose some maybe like 20 ponds in 5 weeks I forget the corect number it said.I need to loose
  • cdt912
    Options
    Well, I feel pretty dumb. I had entered my weight yesterday with a number transposed, so it thought I was already over 500lbs. Ugh. Sorry for asking the dumb question, but I've now fixed my weight log and feel like I'm in the right track again. :-) I'm 228, but had entered 528. Doh!
  • cdt912
    Options
    Lol... I'm definitely not eating that much and I'm under 250 lbs. I do enjoy sarcasm though. :-)
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Losing 300 lbs in one day is not safe! Please be careful!:laugh:
  • cdt912
    Options

Lol! Whatever was I thinking!? With 300 lbs in a day, I think I can afford having a donut in celebration! ;-)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel pretty dumb. I had entered my weight yesterday with a number transposed, so it thought I was already over 500lbs. Ugh. Sorry for asking the dumb question, but I've now fixed my weight log and feel like I'm in the right track again. :-) I'm 228, but had entered 528. Doh!

That's funny, but I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time you saw the "in 5 weeks you will weigh 500 pounds." :bigsmile:

However, along this same line, I once entered the wrong serving size and ended up with -2,000 calories for the day when I'd already eaten a fair share of my calories already! Fixed that one right away.

Also, MFP has some silly glitches once in awhile.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

That explains it! Lol :) that's cute.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options

LOL omg i did that last week, I went to put in 242. check to see how much more it was, and it didn not say the has lost thing, and my total loss was back to 0 . i am like wtf. what is wrong with this site. then i notice i put that weight in in as 424.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I've done the wrong serving size before, had it calculate that I ate about 23,000 calories in one day.

lol

It's like, WAIT! What? Oh MAN!!! *head slap* lol
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    I've done the wrong serving size before, had it calculate that I ate about 23,000 calories in one day.

lol

It's like, WAIT! What? Oh MAN!!! *head slap* lol

yeah for breakfast this very morning i put in 20 eggs instead of 2.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Lol! Whatever was I thinking!? With 300 lbs in a day, I think I can afford having a donut in celebration! ;-)

Tomorrow, you'll weigh less than 0.

I had a really bad day once, calorie-wise.... so instead of 2 servings, i entered 2,000 servings, for a total of millions of calories. MFP predicted I'd be several thousand lbs in 5 weeks. I just left it, as a reminder, not to screw up again. It recalculates the next day, on the latest entry, anyhow.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Happy (thrilled!!) it wasn't what you thought!!!

Add me if you'd like. :)