Weigh in day?

Options
What is you weigh in day and why? I used to weigh in on Sunday mornings...I am thinking of switching to Monday mornings...I think having that weekend day right after my weigh in makes me sometimes think I can "enjoy" the last weekend day before my week really starts....Just wondering what everyone else does

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday mornings because Friday night and Saturday are the only days i'm likely to slip up so a Sunday weigh in keeps me on the straight and narrow
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday that way I can see what I am before the weekend.
  • ashbridge
    Options
    I do Monday Mornings. I was going to do it on Fridays, but also found that when I did then I could do whatever on the weekends, then work my butt off during the week. So I switched it to Monday's to where I was accountable for the weekends, and then had a fresh new start to every week. Just make sure you pick a time, and do it the same time every week so it's more accurate.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like Monday mornings. Seems that this is the "start" of the week. However, I must admit, sometimes I weight-in twice a week.
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    I was previously weighing in on Sunday, but now I have joined the group here on MFP wanting to lose 30 lbs by xmas. So the new weigh in day is Monday. However, I couldn't stand it, I just needed to know this morning so I weighed in early and was pleasantly surprised!
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in is Monday morning - first thing. I do a pre-weigh in first thing Saturday morning. If that looks good, I can relax a little on the weekend, but only a little! If it doesn't look good, I can work harder! This plan works well for me.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weight in every morning. That way, if I don't like what I see, I can adjust my food, my water, and my exercise accordingly before I get too far behind. :drinker:
  • myricksmom
    myricksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Thursday. It is quite random, I had not stepped on a scale in ten years and then i finally ordered one. Thursday happens to be the day of the week my scale was delivered! ;-)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I weigh daily right now, but my official weigh in day is Thursday, since that's the day I go to the DR.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily to keep on track during the week but my official day is Sunday because that's the day I got disgusted with myself and found MFP!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday for now. I do it just to track officially for future reference, but not to regulate a change in my dietary or exercise. Thursday is the day I officially record what I weight.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sundays but I do it every week or every other week. Everyday would just depress me and make me want to give up. Besides it can vary because of water weight.
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Friday morning. It"s a lot easier to follow a routine of eating and exercise throughout the work week, so by Friday morning, I can see the results of following my routine. It's also a good indicator if I need to throw in a more intense workout over the weekend.
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I don't weigh even every week. My water retention problems are huge, and I haven't found the answer to constipation. I eat loads of fruit and fresh veggies, but between the pain pills I use and my arthrittis drugs it is time to go to a daily stool softner. I usually lose my wt in clumps, so as long as it comes off I am OK with it. My sister weighs everyday, that is way to depressing for me.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing in twice a week but if it was one day it would be Tuesday.
  • BlutAura
    Options
    I aim to do it once a week but as I've had some good results these last few months I've found myself getting into the habit of jumping on the scales whenever I think my partner isn't looking :P
  • amscobra
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesday Mornings, this is the day I started my journey so this is the day I stick too. :-D
  • missgalaxy
    Options
    My 'offical' weigh in (and the one i record) is a Monday morning. However I do have the odd 'sneaky peek' (not every day, maybe twice during the week). I've been peeking more this week purely becuase its my first week calorie counting and Im making sure Im on the right track - althoughI will know for definate in the morning!! :smile: x
  • zed01
    zed01 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sunday night for me,it tells me what a bad boy i have been over the weekend and plan my week ahead.
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thursday mornings for me. That way I can enjoy my weekends and continue to make progress every week without getting down about having a good time on a Friday or Saturday night.....