Over on Protien and under my calories

Options
All week I have been over on protein, but under my calories. Is that bad? Should I be watching my protein more closely? Help please!

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    are you working out pretty often? Protien helps when you are building muscle with strength training and cardio so it should be fine just stay active :drinker:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Protiens are good for you. How are your fat levels this week? How are your measurements or how is the scale treating you?
    If you are losing inches or ounces, then the extra protien is not hurting you. Are you drinking plenty of water to flush out the toxins your body produces from digestion? Then, good!
    Have fun! :drinker: (water)
  • AlexTCasas
    Options
    It is not a problem, but you should watch that this is not at the expense of other important nutrients, such as carbs (complex carbs preferably) as you will feel tired. High on proteins is very good if you are exercising as it builds muscle. Regardless, if you are under calorie goal, you will lose weight.
  • jpowers416
    jpowers416 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Protiens are good for you. How are your fat levels this week? How are your measurements or how is the scale treating you?
    If you are losing inches or ounces, then the extra protien is not hurting you. Are you drinking plenty of water to flush out the toxins your body produces from digestion? Then, good!
    Have fun! :drinker: (water)

My fat levels are right around where they should be, sometimes a little under. I eat turkey and pork which pack in protein. I was in the gym today for over an hour, and am aiming to continue to go 5 times a week. Since I started weighing myself Monday, the scale says I already lost 2 pounds...but for some reason I think that my scale is lieing to me
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion, but mine is: MFP give u a minimum of protien. To be over is excellent. I try to get 120+ a day!!! As far as the carb thing. I stick to 60 net carbs. Just how I do it. But protien is an excellent thing to be over on!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion, but mine is: MFP give u a minimum of protien. To be over is excellent. I try to get 120+ a day!!! As far as the carb thing. I stick to 60 net carbs. Just how I do it. But protien is an excellent thing to be over on!

I agree!! My nutritionist set me up on the site - and set up my daily goals. She set my protein at 135!!!!! Protein helps you feel full!!