Workout videos

Options
Now that it is getting cold out, is there any good DVD workouts, or any good free workout sites to check out? Advise please.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Got a smart phone? Download the Nike Training Club app - free and loaded with over 100 workouts from 15-45 minutes long.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/

This is my personal favorite right now. I like that I can utilize this on my computer. (my computer screen is huge so that helps too)
  • eebell33
    Options
    Yes I love the fitness blender workouts. There are workouts based on body areas or fitness levels. And there are series of videos based on personal goals. The "Butt Bible" workouts, which can be found by a YouTube video are great. I also like the rock yoga workouts on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkl0l-PQrss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QW_nVnBo8
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    try checking out a few of the biggest loser DVDs from your library-they are tough! I also like Denise Austin and Jackie Warner. Jackie is even tougher than Jillian IMO!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Jillian Michaels DVDs. 30-Day Shred is doing amazing things for my body. I intend to move onto Killer Abs and 6-Week Six-Pack later this winter. :)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds.. full workouts available on Youtube. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 mile workouts. Love em!
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There is also a channel on YouTube called BeFit that has great workouts.
  • rgerbertxn
    Options
    I have never seen the Fitness Blender website!!! Very cool! I've been doing Insanity but sometimes it is just too much so am happy I'm found this board and the link to that site.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I loved Billy Blanks' Tae Bo videos
  • tinnyhinny
    tinnyhinny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great info. Will check out!
  • I love the BeachBody DVD's I lost 45lbs this year with TurboFire.
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    T25! It's a great workout in only 25 minutes
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Look at bodyrock on youtube.
  • rgerbertxn
    Options
    How do you add in your own calories burned? I did a workout on Fitness Blender that combined cardio and weights but can't figure out how to enter in just calories burned. Help! :)
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Bumping for later. Thanks for the tip for Nike Training club, will try that one.

You can also pick up videos from your local library. Good way to try before you buy.
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level for sure. But there are a TON out there. POPSUGAR is a free online one that is good. Turbo jam is fun and lots of varitey for the amount of time you have. Any of the Jillian Michaels are good too. The Zumba DVD are okay - it's more fun in a class. Prevention has some good ones. The walk off weight has NOTHING to do with walking! LOL it's all strength training. Lots of people like the p90X I have never done it so can't say too much about it. BeachBody.com has lots listed there too. Youtube will give you lots of free videos to watch. I do DVD workouts at least twice a week, sometime 3-4 times a week.
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was looking at Turbo fire. I have turbo jam, prevention, Jillian Michaels, it depends on what mood I am in.. LOL
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com & totalfitnessdvds.com are great places to "shop" for workouts.

These sites give video clips and lots of reviews. The fitness level, impact level, choreography level, and equipment required are all listed.

Netflix (by mail) is a great way to get new workout DVDs to "test drive." This saved me a lot of aggravation.