"Re-starting" on MFP. Need friends!

Options
Hey, everyone!

My name is Shayla and I'm a 22 year old hospital dispatch shift worker! In about a year and some I've lost around 40 pounds. I was doing very well, exercising a lot and eating well. My only issue.. well, I got very obsessive over counting calories. I moved into a completely unhealthy state of mind. Figuring I was well-versed enough to move away from the calorie counting, I decided to leave MFP.

Alas, I've fallen off the wagon a little. I've found I'm back to pretty poor eating habits and not exercising nearly as much as I should. Keeping in mind that I shouldn't get crazy over the numbers, I've returned here to MFP!

Could really use some new friends to keep me motivated!

Also, have any of you left and then returned? Or simple had troubles keeping yourself on the wagon? What did you do to help yourself out again? Any tips for getting back to it?

Replies

• discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have just started my journey (September 1) But I would be more than willing to help keep you motivated. Can use it myself sometimes.
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am just starting the journey of losing 40 pounds in an attempt to take some pressure off my bad knee. Looking forward to the journey!
  • TheGoodEmu
    TheGoodEmu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Shayla! I'm Lisa. Welcome back. :-)

I'm just getting re-started myself. I tapered off (again) because I started working overnights shifts, which took me a LONG time to get used to - I find myself getting 4-5 hours of sleep a day pretty often, and work has junk food available at any hour! So, I'm getting back on track now with Insanity workouts and clean eating.

Feel free to friend me.
  • PocketsizedFriend
    Options
    I have just started my adventure!haha Feel free to add me if you'd like(:
  • rdkoger
    rdkoger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also restarting! Let's get it!
  • Jaymestar
    Jaymestar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost that much yet, but I restarted not too long ago with a brand new account. I log daily and like to comment on other people's updates. Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • cestmaryyy
    cestmaryyy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and in much the same situation - i lost around 10 kilos earlier in the year and then worked in a live-in job where NOTHING was healthy... now I'm cooking for myself again things can get healthier :). I'm adding you! Let's do this :)
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Shayla
    I am also starting over. I began two years ago and lost just over 40lb. I kept it off and was doing well for 18 months but have fallen off the wagon in the last 6 months or so. BIG TIME! I have started a new job, moved to a new area and stopped exercising almost totally!
    But today I have eaten clean, joined a running club and gone for a very long walk. I have food planned out and am retaking charge of my eating! I'd be really happy to support you and friend you on here, and that goes for anyone else! Thanks.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    Hi, I could of written the same post !!
  • sam88keys
    sam88keys Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat of restarting (for the hundredth time). Thanks to the busyness of school, I stopped exercising (and stopped/regained any weight loss progress), but now I've gotten re-motivated. Feel free to add me too!
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm also restarting! Feel free to add me, I could also use the support!
  • Melitodaffodil
    Options
    Hi,I'm Kate
    I've so far lost about 20kg over the past 14months,
    but In the past 6/7 months have been severly lacking motivation.
    Working really hard at losing another 10-20kg,but need some extra
    Support and motivation from like minded people
    who understand and have similar goals to me.
    Feel free to add me,Kate:)
  • may2000
    Options
    I too am restarting for the millionth time. The large number of pounds i have to loose is overwhelming and I'm looking for all the support I can get. :smile:
    9713686.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MzBriz
    MzBriz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too! Feel free to add me!
  • TCore24
    TCore24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting for the first time! Feel free to add me! I've got 14 lbs to lose and I want to get fit and healthy. Great job for losing so much!!!

52600896.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • wissie24
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm re-starting as well. Feel free to add me. I'm focusing on logging everything I eat. That seems to help, and makes me think about what I'm eating. Also trying to drink plenty of water.

Best of luck everyone! Hopefully we all can find great support here as we adventure along! :)

Wissie
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :flowerforyou:

I love supporting other members on this journey, as we all hit bumps along the way! I am 23 years old & live in Indiana. You can read my profile if you'd like, but anyone (ladies only, please!) is free to add me!

Sending much love & good vibes your way!

-Meag
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • nachgirl03
    nachgirl03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lindsey. I too am re-starting for the nth time. I've been living it up as a single gal in the city (which includes too many happy hours and eating out) and I'm ready to refocus and get serious about my health and weight loss. Feel free to add, I could always use more friends! :)
  • achollinger
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm in the "Re-starting" boat as well. I find that I am either really good in my eating habits or really bad in my eating habits. Last night I had screwdrivers, cheese & crackers & pumpkin cookies!!! I decided it was time to pull in the reigns & clean up my act. I've gained weight & I'm not happy :(. I got up & exercised this morning which felt great & I'm going to try my hardest to track on here & stay on track!!