The Introduction of this guy

Options
My name is Otto. 6'1" male. started a month ago at 293lbs and hating myself. Been doing Insanity for 5 weeks now. I will start month two in a couple days. I don't notice any physical change visually, but my pants are looser, I'm on the final hole on my only belt, and the the scale (which I only viewed now) says I've lost poundage. Also the wife tells me she can see the change. She is proud and that makes me smile. Been on MFP for two days. I'm unsure if the allowed calorie intake is correct. Because I know nothing of calories except I've always had too many, But I'm on track to stay under. I've been motivated, focused, and truly committed.

this is my first post anywhere on any forum, so, I am unsure how to end it . . .

goodbye.

Replies

• garrett7426
    Options
    The calculator estimates your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - it is an estimate of how many calories you'd burn if you were to do NOTHING BUT REST for 24 hours. It represents the minimum amount of energy needed to keep your body functioning, including breathing and keeping your heart beating. It DOES NOT include the calories you burn from normal daily activities or exercise.

I had the same concern until I realised that you must include how much exercise you do just walking around the house/going up stairs/ ect... you will get a much more accurate reading that way! Hope this helps! :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    this-guy...i-love-this-guy-drunk-baby-meme.jpg
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I will be adding you! You seem like a pretty awesome guy on his way to a life changing adventure :)
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You do need LOTS of calories for Insanity too. According to their meal plan I need like 2900 to 3000 calories per day, which I thought was, well... INSANE! I haven't been eating quite that much but probably like 2500 or so a day. I was running low on food and cut back and I regretted it. Just bonked out on the workouts and got all dizzy... no good.

WELCOME!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is so awesome.. and you seem pretty funny.. add :)
  • Gaby_BV
    Options
    you seem funny!! and im grumpy...need some fun..... add me?