What is the best thing you ate today?

Options
Hey everyone!

I thought it might be fun to find out what everyone loved eating today! Even if today was your cheat day, just be honest!

I was in a weird mood tonight and didn't really feel like making anything, but I really didn't want to succumb to the temptation of a drive through burger. So I took out two pieces of Ezekial Bread, 3 ounces of rotisserie chicken leftover from last night, a little mustard and one and a half ounces of cheddar cheese. So amazing!! I haven't put rotisserie chicken in a sandwich in years, and I forgot how much flavor it has compared to regular chicken! It was 406 calories of awesome, and 32 grams of protein to boot! I might use this combo, but use half of all the ingredients for a mid afternoon snack in the future :smile:

What about yall? Anything you would like to share with the world!!

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    Homemade icecream, and I don't even have a sweet tooth! Needless to say that did me for the next year.
  • BlutAura
    Options
    Went to Wasabi cafe and had a lovely sushi salad with a pot of green soybeans.... yum yum :)
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    At a Halloween party tonight and someone made guac and then we cut out ghosts and cats and tombstones from tortillas and fried them. Not real healthy but they were THE BOMB! Yummy!
  • nroesler
    Options
    just made some sweet potato fries...so yummy and filling...and it was only sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    Chick-fil-A Southwest Salad, with spicy dressing, sun flower seeds and tortilla strips... NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!

I worked out hard this afternoon to be able to have the cals to eat it... it was TOTALLY worth it!! ;)
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Orville Reddenbacker's Simply Salted popcorn. I am a popcorn addict.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Tonight for dinner we had baked tilaplia (seasoned with lemon pepper). Sides were baked sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon and green beans. I ate two pieces of fish and as I sit here I can't stop wishing I'd had one more! It was so DELISH! I loooooooooove fish! *sigh*

Really...........I must get my mind off dinner! It isn't because I'm hungry. I feel very satisfied. But to echo what you said about your dinner, it was 90 calories of AWESOMENESS!!! :)
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    cheetos
  • Julesaf
    Julesaf Posts: 36
    Options
    ooo taco salad with ground turkey with low-sodium taco seasoning, tomatoes, Pace salsa, light sour cream, lettuce, and 2 Food Should Taste Good tortilla chips. soooooooooooo good. There is no need for salad dressing when you have light sour cream and salsa mixed together!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    my protein shake! i seriously cannot get enough of these. they are so phenomenal. they taste like a chocolate milkshake! and its just some almond milk, designer whey in the chocolate flavor, and a whole bunch of ice.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I had a delicious portabello sandwich on one piece of squaw bread, topped with avocado, stone ground mustard, salt, pepper and some swiss cheese. So easy to make and even easier to eat!
    Depending on what condiments you choose, this is under 300 calories. Tasty for sure!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Black beans with Red onion and some grilled chicken with some salsa verde sauce.
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dinner was FANTASTIC, I grilled 4 oz chicken strips with red & green peppers. Used a flat out light wrap and stuffed that puppy to bursting with fresh baby spinach, slimcado, tomatoes and some salsa..I was too full to even try to eat the broccoli. All that for way under 400 calories
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i made a pumpkin coffee cake this afternoon for dinner dessert (company for dinner) and it was divine!! Although chock full of sugar (3/4 cup white + 1/2 cup brown in cake and 1/2 cup brown in topping).

Way overblown on the sugar intake today...but yummy!
  • junebug523
    Options
    My brother-in-law went fishing and gave us some of the tuna he caught! We had grilled tuna steaks...they were so fresh-tasting and yummy! Oh boy!
  • ashleyjamil
    Options
    I made Jambalaya (gluten free). The BEST ever.:flowerforyou:
  • ashleyjamil
    Options
    I made Jambalaya (gluten free). The BEST ever.:flowerforyou:
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My Cherry Pomeganite Crystal Light:)

We're having steak, baked potatoes, and apseragus for dinner (never had asperagus before!)
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Homemade pumpkin maple bread pudding! I was testing a new recipe that I wrote so I HAD to try it! YUMMMM!!!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I went out to dinner last night and I did the right thing and boxed up half my dinner at the start. So today, I had leftover beef burrito and refried beans for lunch (no idea on the calories, it's a small family run Mexican restaurant so I entered it as Taco Bell-had to be worse than what I had!) then for dinner I had a burger and sweet potato fries. No bun, just used lettuce but the burger was awesome! SErious craving for one so I am a very happy camper tonight! Gonna go chug some more water now.